Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I will get fish instead!!!

Options
  • 15-12-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

The :mad: filter wont get going as the water level is too low (to account for turtles need to get to surface for air). The pipes for the Fluval 4 have to come all the way over the rim of the tank and go all the way to the bottom. this is too long and all that the canister can get out when priming is air, no matter how long we pump it........:mad::mad:

Just about had enough of the whole lot of it.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

have you tried placing it on its side?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

A fluval 4 is a big filter to be using for turtles, what size tank are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Juwel 125 L Rio

got it going last night thank god!!:)

thanks again for tips.

(The fluval 4 is external and cant be put on its side!!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

A handy size internal is what you need :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i'm thinking of the 4+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

a reasonable price, yet I can't complain - got the Fluval 305 for 50eur. Brand new in box.:p

going to try and reduce water level a bit, as had to raise it to get it going, hope to do this while filter is going, - im going on the fact that because its continually pumping when Im doing the reduction, its shouldn't get air intake causing it to cut out.

fingers crossed. Shall attempt it Monday when i return. thanks again for the 4+ tip, pity I didn't see it earlier - not sure about placing it on its side???

Advertisement