Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isle of man snow chance !!!!!!

Options
  • 15-12-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

could a couple of the ones that are in the know please give a little summery on what we could expect for the next few days over here.
    Have asked in the other topics, but the shear number of posts it gets lost.

Forcasting for here in any report in the world is lets say hit and miss,
    All the models take us as just a bit of land in the sea and really it is quite hard to predict anything for us. they dont change anythign!!!!

Only way i seam to have some success at predicting snow is to alter air and dew points temp a couple of degrees up to allow the warm sea effect on us.

I think what im after is your opions on this band of rain thats coming, will it part its self around the island like so many times before.

I do know that when it blows from the north that the rain/snow has greather chance to make it over head as it is only over the sea for a small time and does not give it chance to alter. (it sounds right in my head what im trying to explain:rolleyes:)

so over to you, the ones that i would say get it right 100% of the time. which in my book is A* for forcasting. you aint been wrong yet in the past year:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

There will be so much snow on the Isle of Man friday night, that it will actually sink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

nooooooo that cant happin, cause when it sinks the sea water will rush in, and melt the snow, which will make it island rise again, and we have no snow:eek::D

Advertisement