Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25 Little Island Cork

Options
  • 15-12-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi. Does any know what is going on with the N25 between Little Island and halfway to the Cobh exit? Its an absolutle disgrace - the top was stripped off it about a month ago and there has been feck all activity on it since.

In the last couple of days I have seen some huge potholes developing which are going to cause an accident if they are not seen to.

There is also a 60km limit on it which at this stage no-one obeys. I was sticking with it but am now speeding up by the day.

I've heard a couple of things from it being to cold to lay a new surface (which I dont believe) to the contractor going bust. They were probably trying to use up there surplus budget for the end of the year.

Poxy country.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

i dont know but I was wondering is it something to do with the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

kerryman12 wrote: »
    i dont know but I was wondering is it something to do with the weather!

My guess as well, work also stopped on the N72 http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056063073

Laying temperatures appropriate to COATED MACADAM are stated in BS 4987: Part 2 : Specification for transport, laying and compaction. Para 5.2
    You MUST consult the current documents for accurate advice, but criteria common to both BS 594 & BS 4987 were:-
    1) laying shall cease at 0 deg.C on a falling thermometer, when NOT calm.
    2) laying may begin at -1 deg.C on a rising thermometer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thats true. It makes you wonder how many brain cells these Road managers/engineers have. It dont make sence doing this work in December. What about the long summer we have with good weather. I suppose thats the council for you.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

i use it every day.
    the road is a disgrace at the moment.
    i reckon it wont be fixed now till the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

I've heard that the coompany that removed the tarmac have gone bust!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I've heard that the coompany that removed the tarmac have gone bust!

just as likely I would say

Advertisement