Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WGC Cannes Booking & Accomodation Thread.... IN SPACE

Options
  • 15-12-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Sup guys, WGC is rapidly approcahing, with less than 70 days to go! I think it's around this time we should get one thread going for Accomodation, flights & hotel bookings (In spaaaace) for all those attending.

Just a couple of questions I have myself are:

What hotel are we staying in?
    When do we plan on leaving/returning?
    Whats the total cost of the trip without spending & tournament money, so hotel, flights & coaches to Cannes costs.
    Who's interested in sharing a room?

Updates welcome as always.

(In spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll look into this at the weekend when I'm less busy.

One point for now: don't say you are taking flight X or staying in hotel Y UNTIL you have booked it and have confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I won't be going I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I can book this straight away I just need to know who's up for staying in ze same room?..

Ive checked some flights and there not that expensive at all which is a plus! :pac:

was looking on airlungus for flight details straight from dub to Nice where for there can travel to cannes.. i think :o
    twas 106 euro return and that involves tax's

dates where 23rd to the 28th.

the 24 - 25th to the 27th or 28th added up to another 60 quid just for those days. so there the cheapest flights i could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So who's going to Cannes this year? I'd totally up for swinging along this time :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Im still planning on going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm going for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Colour me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm in too. :)

One caveat though....we should all book accomodation in the same hotel. In London we were split between 3 hotels and it was frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'm still planning on heading out. I still need to get my online banking sorted though, so I can pay my entrance fees...

Just booked my flights.

Flying with Aer Lingus to Nice direct.

Flying out - AER LINGUS EI544
    Departing - 10:45 Wed 23 Feb 2011
    Arriving - 14:15 Wed 23 Feb 2011

Flying home - AER LINGUS EI545
    Departing - 14:55 Mon 28 Feb 2011
    Arriving - 16:35 Mon 28 Feb 2011

I chose to check in one bag, which is €15 per flight and I chose to get travel insurance for €12.

Total cost is €191.12.

Unfortunately, Aer Lingus have no flights on the Thursday.

• Advertisement

Craaaaap...I really justify taking too many day out of college for this. I also can't book flights myself I think (no credit card means that most airlines won't take bookings, if I recall right...I might be off a bit). So...when's other people planning on heading out?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Voa wrote: »
    Craaaaap...I really justify taking too many day out of college for this. I also can't book flights myself I think (no credit card means that most airlines won't take bookings, if I recall right...I might be off a bit). So...when's other people planning on heading out?:pac:

seems like the days chopper chose are the only days we can fly on. From what i checked theirs no thursday flight. so you gonna have to mis wed/thur/fri and monday of college.

Yeah i'm not sure i want to miss that many days of college too. also my mom has an operation on the 23rd. This isn't looking good for me :(

Is there no Friday flight? I'd personally not mind missing the bulk of the first day's tourney's and such as long I could make it for the weekend... or do you have to be there in advance to sign up in person for you event you're down for?

I mean, if it comes to it, I'll do it, but I'd prefer to actually go to as much of the college as I can:p

If you're not playing in any event that's on Friday morning, then book the Friday flight, but I'll be playing in SSFIV, so have to be there for first thing Friday morning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just booked my flights.

I chose to check in one bag, which is €15 per flight and I chose to get travel insurance for €12.

Total cost is €191.12.

Unfortunately, Aer Lingus have no flights on the Thursday.

I have to confirm with some work colleagues I can go this weekend :(

Will keep you all updated, but if I do, I think I'll rock this option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'll book when we get paid too.

Just booked my flights.

Total cost is €191.12.

I'll book this same deal when I get home later.

Have you booked a hotel or anything yet, Chopper?

No hotel booked yet, just wanted to get flights sorted and set the ball rolling.

I'll get on to F-Word & ask him does he know where everyone else is staying too & report back later

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I'm considering tagging along myself this year. I know I dont really attend many events, but I'd like the experience and to see some high level play in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

chueytoo wrote: »
    seems like the days chopper chose are the only days we can fly on. From what i checked theirs no thursday flight. so you gonna have to mis wed/thur/fri and monday of college.

Yeah i'm not sure i want to miss that many days of college too. also my mom has an operation on the 23rd. This isn't looking good for me :(

Yeah am not sure if i can miss that many days either, i need to see my timetable. Also whats up with your mum, is she ok?

Also from what i heard the UK guys are planning to hit up cannes and switzerland. They plan to arrive in cannes first then fly to switzerland and then back to cannes, i think there looking to spend about 10 days out there.

You're telling us that like we have money =P

Cannes might be a no go this year, its not looking like many people are going to go, but beat by in switzerland seems to be what everybody is on.

The uk guys are thinking about doing both if they can, but i think switzerland is the main one to go to this year.

Anyway I just checked flights to beat by in switzerland and its 90 quid to get there on easyjet flying from belfast. Then if you wanted you can go from switzerland to cannes for 40 euros return. so you can make both events for about 150 which isn`t bad at all.

However, this means flying out on the 18h feb (friday) staying in swizterland til monday, then flying out to cannes monday and staying in cannes for 7 days and then flying back to switzerland on the monday and then back to belfast.

Its definietly doable as swizterland is main event this year, i would like to do both events myself, but because of college i don`t even think i can make one, if i do make one it will probably be switzerland since ive never been there and everybody is going to that for sure.

I know chopper has already booked to go to cannes, but that trip might be a waste of time if nobody is going to go.

Also maxdamagermany is definitely one people need to check out, if you don`t make cannes or beat by, maxdamagermany is the one, all am saying is check out WOS....its too much!

Ill ask around and see what all the europeans are doing, because everybody is going to be in switzerland, i don`t know if they will be botherd to make the trip to cannes after that.

Stay tuned.

Soooo.... Your gonna miss 5 days due to Cannes, but more than 10 if you go to both....

/smarts

Xinkai wrote: »
    Soooo.... Your gonna miss 5 days due to Cannes, but more than 10 if you go to both....

/smarts

if i go, i will go to one event only, which will probably be the event in switzerland. But the way it is i have college and i can`t aford to be going anywhere, i spoke with v-ryu last night and he said that its best to come to switzerland, he said that it doesn`t look like many people will go to cannes. But thats just his opinion. Both events are only one week apart and thats why. Its expensive to go to both and since beat by has all the top players thats where people are going to go.

Cannes is also expensive, almost 200 euros for a flight is a bit much for a european event, I paid under 100 euros last year and even that was a bit much for me since am used to travelling so budget. Also i didn`t have college last year so staying 5 or 6 days in cannes was fine.

Also switzerland is under 100 quid for the flight flying from belfast, so its very attractive to attend and its one to definitely check out.

For me having to fly mid week and miss college isnt good, personally i don`t want to go to cannes because its too expensive and i would have to miss too many days from college. If i go to switzerland i can fly out on the friday and come back monday, which suits me a lot better plus its a lot cheaper.

Personally i think everybody should go to switzerland this year and forget cannes, i know chopper booked his flight to cannes already, but maybe he can get a refund or something. Switerland is definitely the event to attend, its got all the top players from aroud the world attending and i heard switerland is a pretty sick location. I kinda wish i didn`t have college, but thats life.

Anyway am just letin you guys know the options that are available.

Also i would strongly consider you guys look at the german tournament at the end of march, maxdamagermany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Gotta factor in that getting to and from Belfast from Dublin will cost people at least 30 euro chunkis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm waiting to see how some things in my real life pan out, if well I might be able to do europe and Vegas, bad and neither is on the cards...

I also have to consider the amount of days, especially project work I can take off.
    Wish I was on the dole again.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Beat by contest seems like only a ssf4 thing. So i'm gonna have to pass on that. Only reason i'm going to cannes is for blazblue:D

Toshimichi Mori is gonne be their lol
    seems like ssf 4 ae cabs is gonna be in cannes as well.

According to Kurama Tengu he said on Neo Emp that people are booking into the Pierre Vacances, the same hotel as Me,Chunkis,Dreddy, Tin & Zakuta, aswell as the Northern heads stayed in last year.

http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=8797

Second Hotel down.

• Advertisement

I couldn't book my flights the other day when I said I was going to, but I still reckon I'll head over to Cannes.
    After browsing the Beat By page I'm just not too interested, regardless of who may be attending. As Xink said, it looks to be primarilly SSFIV, I'd be more interested in a more varied experience.
    On Beat By they do say SSFIV are only the main tournaments, so there'll still be other stuff represented I'm sure, but Cannes looks like a more rounded package.

Advertisement