Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before windows need replacing ??

• 15-12-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭

Just wondering whats the life-expectancy of double glazed windows - generally - I know this is not an exact science but ours are 18 (ish) years old now and we are starting to feel draughts.

Nothing too major but in these days of energy saving !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the windows are in good condition replacing the rubber seals on the windows would prevent the draughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

the seals on some of my windows are very poor where would you get the replacement seals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

What part of the country are you in? Should be a local window manufacturer that could sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

dromina county cork as far as i knw munster joinery installed the windows but when close you can really feel a draft when u feel around certain parts of the window,maybe i should give them a call any idea how much it costs to replace the seal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Munster are more into new/builds fittings, they are not into repairs as such. I could be wrong though seeing as your fairly near them. But i'd guess you'll probably have to find someone else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement