Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Semester Elective

Options
  • 15-12-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Ok, need to change my elective for next semester and pick up some thing else. Anyone have an modules they would recommend? In stage 2 Arts and would like something that would not take up too much time from my main subjects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Psychology of perception is good. Interesting and easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lou45

Timetable clash unfortunatly, thanks for your help though!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In before Dave! comes in to pimp Introduction to Cognitive Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Inequality in Irish society is easy enough but a little dull. No exam - there are 3 assignments 1) reflective piece about the course 2) detailed final essay plan 3) 2000 - 2500 word essay.
    Very nice in the department too, really helpful and great use of blackboard.

Cognitive clashes but that Inequality one looks really good, and I like the idea of having no exam! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Earth, Environment and Society (GEOL10040) is a very interesting and relatively easy course.

It basically looks at man's interaction with the environment and our effects on it. It is a science course, but is an open module and is basic on science terminology and doesn't expect any prior knowledge.

MCQ mid-term and end of the module for examinations.

Check it out:

https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/w_sm_web_inf_simple_viewer.show_module?p_code=geol10040

Though iirc it is quite popular and was oversubscribed when I did it.

That seems pretty interesting alright and relevant considering I do geography. I've been warned though to stay clear of geology as it's pretty hard, would you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Lou45 wrote: »
    That seems pretty interesting alright and relevant considering I do geography. I've been warned though to stay clear of geology as it's pretty hard, would you agree?

Not this course, its quite basic. Its a level 0 course I think (or maybe level 1) so its not that hard. It was basically created as an elective module for anyone in UCD.

Advertisement