Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud formations in SE today

Options
  • 15-12-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,583 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone see the cloud formations at around 10am today (Wednesday) - looking more or less north from Waterford city. There were long, quite smooth rolls of cloud horizontally across the sky, a lot of them from the horizon up about 60 degrees or so. You could see sky between the cloud bars. I was interested as I had never seen clouds like it before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

looksee wrote: »
    Did anyone see the cloud formations at around 10am today (Wednesday) - looking more or less north from Waterford city. There were long, quite smooth rolls of cloud horizontally across the sky, a lot of them from the horizon up about 60 degrees or so. You could see sky between the cloud bars. I was interested as I had never seen clouds like it before.

Yeah I saw them, Mickger mentioned it as well in another thread. As you say they were like parallel lines of cloud.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

homolumo wrote: »
    Yeah I saw them, Mickger mentioned it as well in another thread. As you say they were like parallel lines of cloud.

I mentioned it earlier, really was amazing to see such formations like ripples in the sky.http://twitpic.com/3g8839

208656117.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1292445619&Signature=z62bigGMWMTPAFpKLU7WkS%2FAwGk%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I noticed these too, between lunchtime and even around evening time, thought they were beautiful, the colours were amazing. I couldn't tell which blue was the sky and which was the cloud's !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

If you're interested I got this cloud on 25th November, just before the last cold spell, thought it was interesting, and it's fun the way you have the full cloud on the right, then same kind of cloud a bit evolved, then same kind of cloud all dispersed on the left of pic.:)
    5264643724_77af4de1e9_z.jpg
    cloud by mountainsandheather, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Seen these in Co. Londonderry also today. Where magnificent looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭secman

Seen these in Co. Londonderry also today. Where magnificent looking!

thats better !

:D

Secman

Advertisement