Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magazine Subscription - Tough to find

Options
  • 15-12-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I've been trying to find a way to buy a gift subscription for my 9year old Niece. I've been to the websites of the magazines she reads but they dont deliver to Ireland.

Has anyone any experience of the above?

I was thinking a local news agent but I presume I'd be charged full whack for the magazines whereas the direct subscriptions would come with bulk discounts.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I wouldn't go near a subscription from abroad ever again - I subscribed to an American magazine by filling in an online form. It took 3 months for the first issue to arrive, during this time I contacted them repeatedly through the help form on the magazine's subscription page - didn't receive any reply. I couldn't find an email address anywhere to directly contact anyone, despite spending a lot of time looking. I got about 7 of the 12 issues I was supposed to receive, everytime I got them, the magazine had been on the shelves here for at least 3 weeks.

I received a notice from them saying they'd automatically renew my subscription unless I rang the number on the page. Which was of course an American number that can't be dialled from outside America. I sent 3 emails asking for a contact number that could be rung from Ireland, explaining that I wanted to make sure my subscription wasn't renewed. The only reply I ever received was an automated "we have received your email and will deal with it within 3 days" type of thing. Eventually I got on to my credit card company, had to write them a letter and send copies of the emails to ensure that my card could not be used again by them.

While I was googling, looking for an actual email address to use, I came across loads of people with similar problems.

Advertisement