Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v FC Utrecht Match thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm surprised Roy has used all three subs with twenty minutes to go Normally you leave the last sub in case of an injury.

Not in meaningless game where you want to test as many of the 2nd string as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jesus christ, they have Babb on at half time, do they really need to inflict him on us while the game is in play as well!?

"I'm astonished by the Pacheco and Kuyt substitutions!"

Are you Phil? Really? Giving game time to a young promising player in a nothing game? And letting Kuyt come on for 18 minutes against the team he started off with, again in a meaningless game? I'm fairly sure we'd have seen Nando on if we hadn't had to use The Greek, but christ its not the end of the world, its not like 20 minutes tonight would make him. And on the other side, it could do a world of good to the confidence of a lad like Dani.

In short, **** off Phil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Why does Phil Bab say that bringing on Pacheo is a strange decision ?

Why does Phil Bab say that bringing on Pacheo is a strange decision ?

Because he is Phil Babb, ie hasn't a clue.

LET DANI TAKE IT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

They aren't pulling any punches on just how bad this match is
    "He must have seen a few bad games in his time as a manager, this must rank up there with the worst of them"

Oh for **** sake Cole. You're not a free taker and you're not a penalty taker. Stop trying to steal the glory and let someone who's actually good at those things take them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Oh for **** sake Cole. You're not a free taker and you're not a penalty taker. Stop trying to steal the glory and let someone who's actually good at those things take them!!
    Not to mention him pointing at where he wanted the ball rolled. Playground stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

LET DANI TAKE IT!!!

What i was thinking, but Joe just wanted to make up for how brutal he's been and surprise surprise, made a balls of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I know its an inconsequental game but the lack of interest is appaling. Surely these players should be playing for their place in the first team but none of them look interested in playing for Liverpool :confused:

well boo for that game anyway.

Sh!t on a stick, even the fans who got in for free should ask for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

What i was thinking, but Joe just wanted to make up for how brutal he's been and surprise surprise, made a balls of it.
    LET DANI TAKE IT!!!
    Has Pacheco shown any ability in taking free kicks? In fact I was surprised Aurelio didn't take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

One of the worst team performances I've seen in ages. Atrocious stuff. Will be looking for a major bounceback for the next game. Can only imagine what Nando was thinking sitting there watching that

That was terrible.

Joe Cole - 90k a week,what a joke that is.

Over a 1/4 of a million every 3 weeks, sweet jaysus.

• Advertisement

I know its an inconsequental game but the lack of interest is appaling. Surely these players should be playing for their place in the first team but none of them look interested in playing for Liverpool :confused:

I'm not worried about the young lads, it's the players who are looking for a place in the first team who need to get their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shelvey - good, willing to take charge and force the issue
    Pacheco - good, nice first touch pity he didn't start
    Kelly - good after nervy opening, with rangy runs from deep as the game progressed
    Wilson - okay. No errors
    Ecclestone - okay, little opportunity to shine in front of goal.

Cole - wrong starting position, a few nice touches when more central but thats all
    Babel - the odd moment but too many poor touches
    Jova - mixed, at his best when central
    Poulson - just awful, even a simple sideways pass seems beyond him.
    Aurelio - solid a few nice crosses
    Jones - only one dodgy moment otherwise solid
    Soto/Skrtel - solid
    Kuyt - did little.

Hodgson - terrible, the team deeper than Chilean miners as the default position. Face-rubbing now in danger of becoming his trademark.

Has Pacheco shown any ability in taking free kicks? In fact I was surprised Aurelio didn't take it?

Yup, he's excellent at them. Particularly from around the area this one was.

In fact this one is right around the same place;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

We could seriously do with an IMF bailout... Utter scutter tonight:mad::mad:

I'm not worried about the young lads, it's the players who are looking for a place in the first team who need to get their act together.

I agree with your 2nd point but it would be nice to see a crop of youngsters banging on the door of the 1st team (Kelly aside)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

On a much more positive note kirsteen looks hawt tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Dr Galen wrote: »
    One of the worst team performances I've seen in ages. Atrocious stuff. Will be looking for a major bounceback for the next game. Can only imagine what Nando was thinking sitting there watching that

**** that. Nando's been ****e all season barring the Chelsea game. Sick of this attitude that the club should constantly be impressing him and keeping him happy. Barring the one performance vs. Chelsea, when was the last time he impressed us?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Apprentice was good, Sevilla Dortmund was a good game, I'm guessing from the few bits of this game I saw that it wasn't the best game in the world ever...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

best game ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

"At least there were no injuries." - Woy.

****e game. Not a huge deal though, it was a second string team playing in a game of absolutely no importance. Would have liked to see some fringe players put in an eye catching performance but it wasn't to be. In the grand scheme of things this poor performance means very little IMO and a big deal shouldn't be made of it.

Hodgson just said he was happy there was no injuries, I thought Skrtel got injured? If not, strange substitution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Man, I can't believe I wasted my time watching that, like watching paint dry. Was expecting Liverpool to bag a few goals, but not even.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

flahavaj wrote: »
    "At least there were no injuries." - Woy.

good thing that tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Shocking shocking shocking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lol at all the Liverpool fans going nuts over a nothing game.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

Probably the first time I've ever agreed with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

MR NINE wrote: »
    Probably the first time I've ever agreed with you

Scarily it is a comment that sees me agreeing with him also.

I think somebody must have hacked his account because I found myself agreeing with one or two things he said yesterday as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

That game completely summed up Hodgson's Liverpool.

No adventure, No creativity, No pace. For those who thought Rafa's teams lacked adventure, what must they make of this?

Shelvey (who was very good) rarely crossed the halfway line. Neither did Poulsen, thank god.
    Balls constantly torpedoed at Babel, who has a proven terrible first touch.

At half time, Johnson should have come on for Skrtel with Kelly moving into the centre.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

eagle eye wrote: »

I think there'll be very few fans going nuts over this game. What went on this game is worth going nuts over when you see what they produce in a non-nothing game. Which is pretty much the same as this.

Which begs the question...when are they actually going to perform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Liverpool are no longer a box office draw.

Awful.

Advertisement