Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do your dogs chill out?

• 15-12-2010 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I'm currently sitting with my legs stretched out with 2 terriers on them, I have a springer under my legs and the last terrier sitting on my head!

The little one on my head loves that spot as she gets a great view of the TV which she's obsessed with :D

I just wandered if anyone else is as indulgent about where their dogs sit as me:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Harley likes to sit on my legs when I have them up on the table. Alternatively anywhere unsuitable and he seems happy enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Harley likes to sit on my legs when I have them up on the table. Alternatively anywhere unsuitable and he seems happy enough!
    I have a harley too! He likes to sit wherever allows him to lean on you with maximum weight on his elbows. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

It depends what room we're in: if we're in the dining/living room, they will lie on their beds but if we're in the main sitting room, then they like to sit beside me on the couch and Meg likes to be either curled up right against my leg or else she will lie with her head resting on my arm. There was a week last month that I was so busy in the evenings with course work that I had no time to be in the sitting room and by Wednesday/Thursday, they wouldn't settle in the evenings. They kept sitting beside me on the floor, looking mournfully at me. As soon as Friday came, I had my feet up on the couch and all three dogs jumped up and sat tight beside me or on my legs and they didn't budge for hours.

Alternatively, they like to lie on the couch and be completely covered with their blankets. We are very indulgent with letting them sit on the furniture but to be honest with you, there is nothing nicer than to rest up with them beside me. When it's been a bad day, it can be quite the tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Our golden retriever, Rua, always sits infront of the fire on top of her bed.... which she drags in, in her mouth from the utility. It's soo funny so we let her do it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

When I ignore them they will lie in their beds but if I show them affection they will try sit on my lap or up beside me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Chihuahua - on my lap or perched on my shoulder like a parrot :rolleyes:

Rottie - sprawled out between the coffee table and couch.

Spitz - lying (legs in the air :)) on his bed in the corner of the sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Well our GS started out with a bed in the kitchen and a cushion in the living room as a puppy. She slept on the kitchen bed at night.

Then it progressed to a bed in the kitchen and a huge bed in the living room at the foot of the armchair.

Then we started bringing the sitting room bed to the bedroom at weekends.

Then she slowly crept to the cosy corner of the couch and we stopped bringing the bed upstairs at weekends and started doing it every night :rolleyes:

So currently she chills on the couch during the day/night and sleeps on our bed at night!

In fact shes on the couch now with my hubby watching "Its A Wonderful Life"!:D

Its funny how the best of intentions go out the window :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I'm currently sitting with my legs stretched out with 2 terriers on them, I have a springer under my legs and the last terrier sitting on my head!

The little one on my head loves that spot as she gets a great view of the TV which she's obsessed with :D

I just wandered if anyone else is as indulgent about where their dogs sit as me:D

your dogs have the same beautiful life as my 3 jacks, love them, they are just cute, clever, sometimes tempremental, but loveable family members, they look forward to evenings in front of the fire on peoples laps

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

have two JR and one of them lies literally on top of my legs in the evening..I have a special disney minnie mouse blanket i bought ages ago and she snuggles up to me every evening.. if for some reason I cant get to chill out on the sofa.. she will run in and out of the sitting room looking at me and the couch until i sit down:D
    The other JR has his perch on top of the sofa and in the window, he loves it there and I have cushions on the window sill for him :)

they are amazing dogs. incredibly clever and can communicate so well with their eyes and body language.. love em to bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

In her bed at my feet when I am on the computer. Beside OH on the couch during tv time. On the armchair beside/on top of me when I am (trying to) read.

Lately, every night she gets tucked up on the couch covered in a blankie after we throw a couple more logs on the fire to make sure she doesnt get cold during the night! She rolls over on her back and waits to be tucked in! It certainly is a dogs life!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

lrushe wrote: »
    Chihuahua - on my lap or perched on my shoulder like a parrot .

Jazz does that with my dad, she sits on his shoulder leaning over the back of the chair so she can get a good view out the window.
    Between window and TV watching she hardly sleeps lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Love this thread....mental image of people sitting on couches with dogs on various bits of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

My lad in his second favourite place, his bed. When we are in the sitting room he is stretched out on the sofa, forcing me and the wife iunto the end of it :)

58072_480605141493_556731493_6038867_1984029_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

If we're in the kitchen then he's on his bed beside the stove, when we go into the front room he has his corner of sofa where I either put my feet under him (best footwarmer ever) or he has his head on my legs and I put my feet on his belly, he's always so warm. When we had friends over recently, one of them sat on his spot on the sofa and he got up and sat beside her, facing me and kept turning round and glaring at her and sighing. As soon as she got up he was in the space stretched out and happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If we're in the kitchen, she'll lie in her bed. If we're anywhere else, she'll chill out on the couch. Though I got her a new layer for her bed this week which is four inches thick, so she's loving her bed even more now.
    Once we're actually on the couch, she pushes herself tight against either of our legs (whoever's closest!).

If I'm lying on the couch, she'll usually climb up onto my chest or legs and lie there.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

DeadlyByDesign, that's a gorgeous picture. What breed is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

he's always messing around with his kong/tennis ball/our socks!
    but when he does decide to relax...oh man, he will pick the oddest place and in the most ackward way imaginable, I mean, he has his choice of luxury but he'll fall asleep on the floor pressed up against the wall in a very compromising position!!!

our collie girl just likes lazing on the rug in front of a blazing fire and won't budge for the night...she'll sometimes lift her head to glance over at us to check we're still there and make sure she's not missing out on anything!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    If we're in the kitchen then he's on his bed beside the stove, when we go into the front room he has his corner of sofa where I either put my feet under him (best footwarmer ever) or he has his head on my legs and I put my feet on his belly, he's always so warm. When we had friends over recently, one of them sat on his spot on the sofa and he got up and sat beside her, facing me and kept turning round and glaring at her and sighing. As soon as she got up he was in the space stretched out and happy!!

I love it! :D Just laughed my head off like a mad woman at the mental picture in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Have Jake a Boxer white one,he lie's at top of stairs on the landing with his head hanging off a step.All you can see is his lips flapping upside down nearly up to his nose and the white of his eye's

Advertisement