Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutoCAD Layer/symbol change

Options
  • 15-12-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi

I have exported a lighting design into AutoCAD from Dialux (lighting software). Theres 15 different layers/symbols each representing a different type of luminaire.

I have a separate sett of symbols and i was wondering is it possible to select the layer/symbol i want to change and swap it with a different symbol automatically other than manually doing it one by one?

Im using AutoCAD 2010

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

you could temporarily turn off all the layers you want to keep & then ''match propteries'' of a layer you want to change into a layer you want to change into,

othewise highlight all the ones you want to change and then select your own layer to change the objects into that layer

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

If the symbols you want to change are already inserted as individual blocks into the drawing you could change each block drawing and it's associated layers as required and redefine the block accordingly which will automatically change the symbols everywhere for you, but it amounts to the same time wise I'd say, (it might even be quicker to change manually one by one) and you would need to be careful to use the same insertion points etc. - could be a bit of a minefield depending on the amount of symbols you want to change.

Advertisement