Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dietician?

Options
  • 15-12-2010 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Im in sixth year at the moment and seriously considering becoming a dietician.Is there anyone here that can tell me a bit more about being a dietician, downsides etc?
    Im kinda worried because Ive seen a lot of people saying the course is hard. Im afraid that I'll go into the course and not be able for it. I've a huge interest in science and in particular food and I would like to work with people...are there any other qualities you would need to be suitable for this job?Anyone abloe to give me an overview of it?Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭hatethisfeeling

forgot to ask what job prospects are like...are there many jobs going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think whatever course you decide to go for in life, you will always carry the fear that you won't be able to do it.

University courses are really well supportd these days and if you do find the course difficult, hopefully you'll get the help and guidance needed to succeed.

Having a general interest will be a major advantage. Its having that interest that keeps you wanting to know more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭hatethisfeeling

bump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ask in the nutrition and diet forum, you will get better answers.

Actually, do a search there too because I've seen it asked there plenty of times.

Advertisement