Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! Two Xboxs on One Eircom Zyxel Router

• 15-12-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey,
    I may aswel start with the details,
    My modem/router is zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3 with eircom bb.
    2 xbox's wirelessly
    Every time I go online with one console, the second console disconnects from xbox live.

Now both these consoles are serperate sign in details and accounts.
    So I have done a few things to see if I could get it to work but with no joy, heres what i have done, and the problems i have encountered:

-Opened Ports on router.
    I went to the port forward website and opened the ports for xbox live exactly, problem is that the router will not let 2 Internal IP addresses use the same ports. (but my nat type is now open instead of moderate, so thats a plus)

-Reserved IP addresses.
    I read this might help seeing as the IP address will be constant. But no Joy here either. No surprise!

-2nd Internal Router
    (Netgear WGR614 Router) Now I tried this today, I connected New xbox to this and config the router through laptop. Everything works fine, can connect to xbox live on both consoles (one at a time) but still same problems, Once the second xbox turns on the first gets disconnected.

-IP Passthrough
    A feature on Eircoms router itself, seems to be more of a nightmare than anything, i dont know where to start, i config one xbox IP address into this feature to bypass the router to just use the modem but I dont know how to config it correctly to dial into eircom. Plus im on Wireless too.

Now this Router does not have a DMZ zone either.

I've rang Eircom, they said its impossible, then i told him 'Could i get a second ip address from eircom to the house', He told me that could work... Impossible is only a pricetag away for them... But He also said he doesnt really know as he only has basic details of how to setup one xbox with their router!!!

Now Ive browsed the forums and people say 'oh mine works fine with 3 xboxs' and stuff but give absolutely no details, like which router/modem will work, or who their service provider is...

Honestly I think i need a router that can port forward on more than one assigned ip, as in, open the ports for all connected internal ip addresses that using them. So if anyone knws of the router to support than (with modem built in so i can get onto eircom) please give me name and model number?
    OR then again i might need a second eircom IP... But i dont fancy topping my bill off anymore!

If anyone can help Please reply,
    Cheers,
    Ciaran
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

ckeogh wrote: »
    Hey,
    I may aswel start with the details,
    My modem/router is zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3 with eircom bb.
    2 xbox's wirelessly
    Every time I go online with one console, the second console disconnects from xbox live.

Now both these consoles are serperate sign in details and accounts.
    So I have done a few things to see if I could get it to work but with no joy, heres what i have done, and the problems i have encountered:

-Opened Ports on router.
    I went to the port forward website and opened the ports for xbox live exactly, problem is that the router will not let 2 Internal IP addresses use the same ports. (but my nat type is now open instead of moderate, so thats a plus)

-Reserved IP addresses.
    I read this might help seeing as the IP address will be constant. But no Joy here either. No surprise!

-2nd Internal Router
    (Netgear WGR614 Router) Now I tried this today, I connected New xbox to this and config the router through laptop. Everything works fine, can connect to xbox live on both consoles (one at a time) but still same problems, Once the second xbox turns on the first gets disconnected.

-IP Passthrough
    A feature on Eircoms router itself, seems to be more of a nightmare than anything, i dont know where to start, i config one xbox IP address into this feature to bypass the router to just use the modem but I dont know how to config it correctly to dial into eircom. Plus im on Wireless too.

Now this Router does not have a DMZ zone either.

I've rang Eircom, they said its impossible, then i told him 'Could i get a second ip address from eircom to the house', He told me that could work... Impossible is only a pricetag away for them... But He also said he doesnt really know as he only has basic details of how to setup one xbox with their router!!!

Now Ive browsed the forums and people say 'oh mine works fine with 3 xboxs' and stuff but give absolutely no details, like which router/modem will work, or who their service provider is...

Honestly I think i need a router that can port forward on more than one assigned ip, as in, open the ports for all connected internal ip addresses that using them. So if anyone knws of the router to support than (with modem built in so i can get onto eircom) please give me name and model number?
    OR then again i might need a second eircom IP... But i dont fancy topping my bill off anymore!

If anyone can help Please reply,
    Cheers,
    Ciaran
    :)

Have a look at Walshy's sticky at the top of the forum. You'll need to assign static IP addresses for each console. Then, try putting one console in the DMZ and the other with forwarded ports. That should be a decent work around for you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056029020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Did you get a solution to this?

My brother has the same problem - 2 xboxs, one wired, one on wireless, both with different xbox live accounts, both xboxs have different 192.168.x.x local ip addresses. (same zyxel eircom brand modem on dsl)

One can log in fine, if the second one is turned on and connects to live the first one disconnects within a few seconds.

At this stage we're not too concerned with open nats, just getting the 2 boxes online at the same time.

I've tried uPnP on (and off) - has anyone got 2 xboxs working behind this router and if so did you do anything special.

Failing that, apparently there are some modems that can achieve 2 OPEN xboxes behind NAT (or not? there are different reports) - buying one of these would be an option.

Has anyone got 2 open xboxes (on eircom dsl) behind a particular router, if so which router, and can one xbox join a LIVE game hosted by the other one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I've got two Xboxs that work fine on the standard UPC wireless router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

justryan wrote: »
    I've got two Xboxs that work fine on the standard UPC wireless router

I have the Cisco Wireless Modem Router that UPC give you for free...

I bought another router as I was told that the one UPC give you wouldn't be enough for 2 xboxs...

I have one wireless xbox and one that needs to be connected via the Ethernet cable. When one turns on first, the other turns out to be the one with the NAT saying moderate or strict... any ideas?

or do you have 2 wireless xboxs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

halolma wrote: »
    I have the Cisco Wireless Modem Router that UPC give you for free...

I bought another router as I was told that the one UPC give you wouldn't be enough for 2 xboxs...

I have one wireless xbox and one that needs to be connected via the Ethernet cable. When one turns on first, the other turns out to be the one with the NAT saying moderate or strict... any ideas?

or do you have 2 wireless xboxs?

I've got a similar setup to you, one Xbox is connected via ethernet the other in my room is connecting to the network Wirelessly.

You shouldn't need two routers, one router is enough for both Xboxs to use the connection independently.

Are you assigning IP addresses in the Xbox settings manually? You should have set this to automatic so the router will decide which addresses to give out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement