Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official word on Steam-bought Vietnam versus non-Steam versions

Options
  • 15-12-2010 9:32pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1650058

The important point being:

Any stores that "sell BC2 Vietnam", sell a 16-digit code. This code can be entered into the BC2 game client - any version of the game client. Entering this code unlocks Vietnam for that EA account. No additional download is necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and Vietnam on Steam - this is not possible, because Steam will not sell Vietnam to someone who does not have the base game on Steam.
    If you somehow did manage to make such a purchase anyway, please contact Steam support.

:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

This was ALWAYS gona be the case....in fact thats how I had to activate my SPECACT DLC....with the REDEEM CODE option in game after the steam purchase went arseways!!!

BTW, still did not get it sorted via steam or EA...so if I did not do this I would still be fooked.:mad:

Useless fooks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I dpn;t understand why steam can't just associate the purchase with your EA account - i.e have your EA account linked with Steam.

They want to be totally seperate dubs, so peeps dont even think about BUYING games from EA!!

I will be thinking twice about getting another DL from steam after the last DL tomfoolerieeeeee :mad:

And if VIETNAM goes belly up on launch...strongly worded emails are gonna be drafted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    They want to be totally seperate dubs, so peeps dont even think about BUYING games from EA!!

I will be thinking twice about getting another DL from steam after the last DL tomfoolerieeeeee :mad:

And if VIETNAM goes belly up on launch...strongly worded emails are gonna be drafted!!!

Must buy Vietnam! Keep forgetting...

Just keep EA games to the EA store - its attached to your account, so works completely transparently. I just bought the dl content, and next time I loaded up it was there. No messin around with codes or anything!

I'll be buyin Vietnam through the EA store too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

ffs. wont be buying thru steam again. Waiting on support to fix the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

yankinlk wrote: »
    ffs. wont be buying thru steam again. Waiting on support to fix the issue...
    What's the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

where's the redeem code with steam?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

edit : nevermind... answered in other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

omerin wrote: »
    where's the redeem code with steam?
    Go into Steam, open the Game Library
    1) Right-click "Battlefield: Bad Company"
    2) Click "View game CD key"
    3) Write down CD key, and then go into the game, click "Vietnam" and redeem the code :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=139934&stc=1&d=1292687745

If you didn't buy it through Steam, check your email.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    What's the issue?

You have bought the base game somewhere else, and Vietnam on Steam - this is not possible, because Steam will not sell Vietnam to someone who does not have the base game on Steam.
    [Initially, it was possible to make this specific purchase - but Steam changed that fairly quickly.]
    If you somehow did manage to make such a purchase, please contact Steam support to resolve this.

If you somehow did manage to make such a purchase, please contact Steam support to resolve this.

:o

i got it for nummnutts as a gift didnt tell me anything was wrong, then i was getting it for myself and i got the "you dont own this game on steam" thing. They offered full refund or steam wallet money, i was the spa so asked could i gift it to someone else and they let me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Me wants a gift too. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

[Initially, it was possible to make this specific purchase - but Steam changed that fairly quickly.]

Ok so whats the best way to get Vietnam with a retail version of the game?

I have a store bought boxed version and was about to order on Steam last night until I saw this thread.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ok so whats the best way to get Vietnam with a retail version of the game?

I have a store bought boxed version and was about to order on Steam last night until I saw this thread.

Cheers.

EA Store then.

Hmm, it does not really matter TBH. I would go EA Store....;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

aye i got caught out by steam paid for the exp pack and was billed for it but cant retrieve my cd key i hand to go buy it on ea store yday.

now to look for a refund from steam which people say is like trying to get blood from a stone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Twat Abe, LMFAO!

ABE wrote: »
    aye i got caught out by steam paid for the exp pack and was billed for it but cant retrieve my cd key i hand to go buy it on ea store yday.

now to look for a refund from steam which people say is like trying to get blood from a stone :rolleyes:

I got it within 2 days.

better off gifting it to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Is the Ea store instant delivery??I take it all youre buying is an unlock code for Vietnam?

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Is the Ea store instant delivery??I take it all youre buying is an unlock code for Vietnam?

Yep. I got mine there today - i was playing in 5 minutes.

Also got my steam refund email tonight... no funds yet, but expect them in a day or two.

ABE,

That happened to me mate....but if you go to the main library for your games and select the detailed view, click on the BFBC2 icon and select view CD KEYS you get all your keys for anything related to the game...I have the promo key from the start (For the Gerard), SPECACT the BFBC2 game key and the DLC vietnam key.

My SPECACT kit DLC did not work same problem as you had to get the key here and go redeem it in game!!!

Yep. I got mine there today - i was playing in 5 minutes.

Also got my steam refund email tonight... no funds yet, but expect them in a day or two.

Sweet mate....looking forward to the old rivalries again.....:mad: at least you can feel at home with the trusty old M60 still there for you :eek:

LOL ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bought Battlefield of steam, also bout vietnam of steam, everything went fine

Whats this spectate kit or something, I have some dlc code for something, it there something new and fresh I got with vietnam ?

The SPECACT kit are new variations of camo for BFBC2 ONLY....you get a few weapon adjustments and some old weapons now have camo on them...if you got it off steam it should auto install for the next time you play. It did not for me I had to enter the code in game and REDEEM it....these have NOTHING to do with VIETNAM.

Advertisement