Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fujica STX-1

• 15-12-2010 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, a friend of mine has one of these but it hasn't been used in years - I'm not even sure what sort of condition it's in but I do know they have it. I'd like to get some film and batteries for it - what/where's the best place to pick up some in Dublin city centre? Do I need to get anything else or is that pretty much it?

Clearly I'm clueless about photography :D Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

The STX-1 is a great camera.

You will learn a lot about photography with it.

It's a completely manual camera IFIRC. That means that you adjust the size of the aperture and the speed of the shutter until the meter needle indicates a correct exposure. Of course, I'd recommend you buy a book to see how you can achieve different effects depending on the aperture or shutter speed combination you choose.

Film and batteries can be obtained in Gunn's of Wexford St.

Happy shooting.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

If you need a manual this link is to a pdf of a scanned version. It's a combination of a scan and the creator's own notes and should be of help. The camera is easy to use though.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/fujica/fujica_stx-1/fujica_stx-1.pdf

from
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/fujica.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

My first camera was an stx-1.

Took some gig pics with it over 30 years ago.
    Like this one:

http://pix.ie/bullpost/2074175/in/album/320532

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

I have the STX-1N and just recently broke it. But its a great camera.
    The battery can be gotten in any jewlery store, Camera store and even the Euro shop, Its like your basic watch battery.

as it takes regular 35mm film that can be gotten in most places, Chemists, Shops, camera stores.

but as recommended Gunns and birminghams,

Also there might be some free fuji film still floating around some were.
    If anyone has some they might pass some on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Xmarch

Hey thanks for the replies guys, going to pick up the stuff for it soon. Hope it's still in good working order. What price am I looking at for the batteries and film? Just curious before I go in to the shops, just to have an idea as to what's typically paid for these things.

Chevron - what do you mean 'free fuji film' btw?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 harryi

I have fuji camera,great as beginner

Chevron - what do you mean 'free fuji film' btw?

A while ago some chemists were giving away loads of free rolls of film.
    Unicare Pharmacy's i think it was,

I would imagine they are all gone now but if any boardsie had any left they may pass on a roll or 2 if they have any to spare.

Oh really? Nice...if anybody has any feel free to send me a PM!

How much are they anyway out of interest? Is there anything else I can get for it other than batteries/film or is that pretty much it?

A roll of film is fairly cheap, (couple of euro) if you use the standard 35mm film.
    there are some more expensive film and more dedicated film like B&w film which may be a a couple of euro or so more
    Some places give you a free roll everytime you geta roll developed.

battery and film is all thats needed to sttarted once you have the body and lens,
    After that everything is optional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I still have my STX-1 up in the attic somewhere, a great camera to learn with since it's completely manual, so you have to understand what you're doing to get the best out of it.

• Advertisement

Ah cool. It's not for me but for somebody that knows what they're doing when they've a camera in their hands!

Advertisement