Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB internet banking.

Options
  • 15-12-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

So, I've had an AIB account for years, and use the internet banking. Ever since I can remember, when I type in me details, it takes a number of attempts for them to be accepted, eventhough I'm typing them correctly. Was recently talking to someone else and they said they experience the same thing. Anyone else experience this? Is it a problem with my computer or at the other end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

No such problems here. First time every time.

Fancy that!! Something good to say about a bank!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

PrinceMax wrote: »
    So, I've had an AIB account for years, and use the internet banking. Ever since I can remember, when I type in me details, it takes a number of attempts for them to be accepted, eventhough I'm typing them correctly. Was recently talking to someone else and they said they experience the same thing. Anyone else experience this? Is it a problem with my computer or at the other end?

Works most/all of the time for me, the odd time it does not, but I assume I could have mis-typed, since it tends to happen when I am in hurry and type faster..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Never had the issue myself either. What browser are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Random wrote: »
    Never had the issue myself either. What browser are you using?

All of them. I use Safari, Firefox, and Chrome depending on my mood.
    I also use UlsterBank online and it always works first time, so I don't think that it's me being a careless typist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

PrinceMax wrote: »
    So, I've had an AIB account for years, and use the internet banking. Ever since I can remember, when I type in me details, it takes a number of attempts for them to be accepted, even though I'm typing them correctly. Was recently talking to someone else and they said they experience the same thing. Anyone else experience this? Is it a problem with my computer or at the other end?

Nope never had that problem and use it quite regularly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Never had any problems.
    1st time every time unless I've had a few jars.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Always log in first time except around 3am for an hour or so. Can never get in at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Slunk wrote: »
    Always log in first time except around 3am for an hour or so. Can never get in at that time

Hmm yeah, I've taken this up with them before, especially considering their "24 hour" banking claim.
    They do maintain that their T&C only really require them to be available for 23 or so hours and the rest is down time for maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

I had this problem a while ago. The cause was that I was 100% certain that I've selected the same number for both work and home phone number, however it turned out that I didn't. After a number of attempts asking me for my work number it asked me for by home number, and then it worked fine. Later during the week after 1st unsuccessful logon I provided 4 last digits of my real work home number and it's been working perfectly since. Doublecheck, maybe it is something as trivial as my issue. Stupid mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im always completely lost when it asks for my work number.I set this up 8 years ago and was only working part time then with no actual work number. Everytime it asks me I have to refresh till it asks for my home one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    I had this problem a while ago. The cause was that I was 100% certain that I've selected the same number for both work and home phone number, however it turned out that I didn't. After a number of attempts asking me for my work number it asked me for by home number, and then it worked fine. Later during the week after 1st unsuccessful logon I provided 4 last digits of my real work home number and it's been working perfectly since. Doublecheck, maybe it is something as trivial as my issue. Stupid mistake.

thanks. I think this could be it. I never read this properly, and didn't realise they were alternating between asking for home and work. Have no idea what my work phone number would be as I never had a work number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Hmm yeah, I've taken this up with them before, especially considering their "24 hour" banking claim.
    They do maintain that their T&C only really require them to be available for 23 or so hours and the rest is down time for maintenance.

They run batch jobs at that time i.e. accrue interest, reports, transfers etc. Which prevents you from logging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Never had a problem like that, it def the best internet banking in the Irish market imo. I have used most of the others.... boi was the worst.

I also have wildly out of date work and home numbers (about 10yrs old), but thats better as you'd never guess them.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Problem might be the numbers you enter i.e. last 4 digits of home phone number might be different to the one held on system by AIB, it happened to me and they had my mobile number up as my work number, cos what happened to me was it locked my PAC so I had to get a new one sent out.

Advertisement