Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpool v Spurs... Match Thread

Options
  • 15-12-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Could be off if the tasty weather comes back.
    Prem League wouldn't be happy for 2 games in a couple of weeks chopped at there place if it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

This game is an absolute raffle. I dont know what to make of Blackpool. I reckon they could hammer us 5-0 if they played well, but we could do the exact same thing to them. I'm going for a 3-4 scoreline.:D Could be game of the season with the way we're both playing.
    Gomes
    Hutton --- Dawson --- Bassong --- BAE
    Lennon --- Palacios (presuming he's fit) --- Modric --- Bale
    Van Der Vaart
    Defoe

Again, I'd prefer if VDV was given another weeks rest, but reckon he'll start. Dont know who the CB pairing will be, could be Gallas, is Kaboul fit yet?? Bassong is playing well tho so I gave him the nod. If JJ is fit he might be in for a start.
    I reckon the way to go in this game would be to set-up defensively and hit them on the counter, but cant see Harry doing that to a newly promoted team in a million years.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Another one of those potential banana skins for us,although the good thing for us is that they play decent Football and that will suit our game.could be a good few goals in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

I'm going for a 3 -2 away win for our boys although I'd love to see the odds for us keeping a clean sheet .. whats the word on VDV and Jenas ? Are they still out or available for selection ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Not a hope of VDV being back for this one. Tricky tie, i think il go for the away win, blackpool will try and play and hopefully will be a bit open.

It has a touch of 4 all written on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Think it'll be called off if the snow hits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

i'm confused about the centre back position again, how come gallas got dropped for the chelsea game? injury?

not that i have anything against bassong, he played fine and deserves games, just think gallas is a man for the pressure occasions and loves playing against former clubs

its great to have daws back anyway, shame that it probably means a spell on the bench for kaboul, who was starting to develop nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Ormus wrote: »
    i'm confused about the centre back position again, how come gallas got dropped for the chelsea game? injury?

not that i have anything against bassong, he played fine and deserves games, just think gallas is a man for the pressure occasions and loves playing against former clubs

its great to have daws back anyway, shame that it probably means a spell on the bench for kaboul, who was starting to develop nicely
    Gallas has a calf strain wouldn't mind Kaboul and Dawson or Dawson and Basson either would be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Gallas has a calf strain wouldn't mind Kaboul and Dawson or Dawson and Basson either would be excellent

Dawson and anybody I think! Even an 90% match fit Dawson is a huge benefit to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hopefully this game goes ahead, Charlie Adam is suspended for them which is a boost for us. Plus we could do without an extra midweek game in January or February if it has to be rearranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mayospur

SuprSi wrote: »
    Dawson and anybody I think! Even an 90% match fit Dawson is a huge benefit to us.
    could be the youth team out on sunday.....all the guys out on the piss wednesday night ...someone is gonna get a earful from 'arry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Pav and JD hopefully, and spring Rafa from the bench.COYS

Rafael van der Vaart and Younes Kaboul are back in the frame for Sunday's trip to Blackpool.

Rafa has missed our last five matches after injuring his hamstring against Arsenal on November 20 while Younes has been out for three weeks with a hip problem.

Wilson Palacios is also expected to be fit after picking up an injury late in Sunday's clash against Chelsea.

Harry Redknapp reported: "Younes and Rafa have trained all week and Rafa looks sharp.

"Wilson should also be okay and Ledley King has trained well as well this week. He's not fit to play, but he has trained well.

"Overall, we're not looking too bad."

Jermaine Jenas (calf) remains out alongside William Gallas (hamstring) and longer-term Ledley (groin), Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Jamie O'Hara (back) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I wouldn't play VDV if he wasn't 100% fit TBH.

we "should" have enough in midfield without him. I think it's gonna be 2-1 win. JD with a brace (and then miss a peno :))

Is this Definetly going ahead didn't realise this was on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Is this Definetly going ahead didn't realise this was on sky

Yup early game on Sky tmorrow. I doubt Blackpool have undersoil heating so this has a good chance of being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

GAME OFF!!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

GAME OFF!!!!!:(
    think this is a blessing,tricky tie with our injuries at the moment,gives us a chance to get some players back for the villa game,especially VDV.gives our other players a rest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

All but two games off. That's going to be a bit of a fixtures nightmare in Jan/Feb. At least it gives VDV another week to recover fitness.

Well at least we can't have a Christmas party hangover this year

Advertisement