Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare strand, New years.

Options
  • 15-12-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi folks, myself and two friends and heading to Rosslare for a little break over the new year period, i try go down once every year during the summer and know the place quite well. Question is, will it be a ghost town around this time of year ? I'm aware Kelly's is closed for winter refurbishment but mainly im asking about local pubs and restaurants being open...any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The chinese Restuarant will be open as i used to work for them, and they open all year round, even Christmas day.

Bradys Pub across the road will be open too, along with the Pub up the Hill.Rosslare Strand is usually very quiet in the winter time, so it might be abit better if you got a taxi into town,Usually around 20 euro each way, and there will be more life and Atmosphere in there, and you will have more of a choice and variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Thanks for the reply and information bigron, great to hear the chinese Restuarant will be open, it's a lovely place, not doubt we will be dining there. And yeah, i can see us maybe paying a trip into Wexford town for the odd night. One again, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Culletons in the Harbour have a great band on new years eve - I do try and get down whenever they are on. They have a courtesy bus too so ye can get home with no pesky taxi fare. Saved me a fortune over the christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

I was in Rosslare Strand for NYE with a large group of friends - rented out a lovely house in area,

I'd do it again for sure (but bring plenty of food with me, my stomach won't bear the sight of chipper chips or chinese food for a long time yet)

We were in Bradys and Redmonds - both nice places and the staff/people were sound,

S

Advertisement