Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Proposal

Options
  • 15-12-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Howdy, I am plannng on proposing to my girlfriend of 4 years at Christmas. We are driving from Dublin to Cork on Xmas Eve and I was thinking it would be great if I could propose to her by having a large sign "Will you marry me?" hanging from a bridge or something. We usually take the new motorway the whole way down. Problem is I wont even be in the country until the 23rd December to organise putting the sign up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could arrange this??? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd suggest having a good think about this. For starters we're due snow and bad weather country-wide from today possibly up til the New Year. That alone would hamper that sort of idea.

Secondly, putting a sign on a motorway could easily be missed, think about how fast (at the legal speed limit) you drive the road. If she's looking into her bag or playing with the radio or looking at her phone (all assuming she's not doing the driving) she'd miss it. Even if she sees it you're driving a car at the time, not really an opportunity to be producing a ring without stopping somewhere.

I would also say that if you were to do something like that you'd need a couple of friends holding the sign and putting it up at the right time, otherwise you'd possibly need planning or a licence to put a sign up.

Sorry for being negative about it all, I just don't see how it could work on a road. Perhaps have a sign organised when you arrive in Cork?

Best of luck with it :)

Advertisement