Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you transfer money from bank to paypal???

Options
  • 15-12-2010 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I went into BOI today and asked them to transfer x amount from my acc. to paypal.

I used the info supplied by paypal in the top up section i believe:

Account name.
    Bank.
    Acc.no.
    Sort code.
    Transfer ID.

But after queuing for an hour the lady at the desk went on to tell me that they cannot transfer money to any acc. in any other bank except BOI. This seems wrong as I know people who transfer funds from one bank to another albeit online. If anyone has the solution to this problem I would appreciate the response.

I do not wish to use a 3v or other card as this is a one off thing.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Well there's this prince I know. Prince Myaut Nombagua. He has 100 million in his bank account but due to his fathers death & political unrest he can't access it.
    So if you give him your account number, sort code, mothers maiden name & date of birth, he will help you to transfer money.
    PM me if you want his e-mail address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

you need to get the bank details off Paypal. I suggest just applying for a 3v from 3v.ie and using that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

Normal paypal is just a payment solution, to send and receive payments. I think you need a business paypal account to use it as a bank account (i.e. with a balance etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Give me your bank details and I'll do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

set up banking 365 online and set up your paypal account as a beneficiary account.
    its quite easy takes awhile though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You need to get your paypal sort and account code and add it as a payee on to your BOI account.

IE log in to your paypal. There should be a link somewhere to add paypal to your bank account. Get those settings then log in to your BOI online and add them in there. Done!

It takes about a week for the money to go from your bank account to your PayPal account.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It takes about a week for the money to go from your bank account to your PayPal account.

It's a fair distance to travel in fairness and the cash needs to rest from time to time. A good, long rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Takes two working days for money to go to my bank a/c to my paypal a/c.

Took a week for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lowblow

wow so much spam lmao some people have no lives yet to those who answered properly thanks,

Today 21:54 chin_grin You need to get your paypal sort and account code and add it as a payee on to your BOI account.

IE log in to your paypal. There should be a link somewhere to add paypal to your bank account. Get those settings then log in to your BOI online and add them in there. Done!

The acc. info i mentioned was paypal from their website, I have not set up banking 365 and would have thought that if it can be done online it can be done in the bank (obviously not), I was hopin to have it done this week but if i have to set up online banking then i dare say that is impossible.

If anyone has done it over the counter i would appreciate the input, use of other banks would not be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

As far as I know you can only transfer from Bank to Paypal by logging online .

There are only 3 steps and they are set out in Paypal under the heading '' top up account ''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

See the Paypal FAQ at the top of the forum. You cannot do this in branch, only with telephone or Internet banking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement