Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tests a good indicator?

• 15-12-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I only got 260 points in them. Do they normally indicate what students get in the LC?
    I am in 6th year by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

There's never any real indicator of how you'll do on the day

Just get the nose down and you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Yes and no. If properly made and marked then yes they are a good indicator of how you're working at the moment.The only thing that decides how well you do in the actual exam is how you apply yourself from now until June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Depends on the content, in my school anyway Christmas exams only consist of material done since the start of sixth year, so they aren't really a good indication. You're only really considering maybe a quarter of each of your courses, which won't be a good indication if you found the fifth year material much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Nope, they show what you will get if you work/don't work.

I think it's fair to say you didn't study too hard and plus the tests aren't true to form.

The mocks would be a better indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

We were told each test we do this christmas will be a mock paper from previous years that we won't have been shown before, so im expecting a very good indicator.

Got 420 last summer and most of those were past papers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Set your Christmas tests as your baseline and work from there. Aim to get higher next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 danielmoran

Not really the truth is you never really know until its over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Not really. Most teachers give major hints for Xmas exams, along with the fact you dont get 2 english papers in the Xmas exams and its only like 2 hrs long.

Cant remember thta far back coz last year is just a blur of stress, anger and hate, but Im pretty sure I went up in the mocks compared to the Xmas exams... But only by a few marks as far as i remember...

Then in the actual LC i went up by like 40 marks or something...

So stop worrying:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

No, they have very little relevence in my opinion. The best way to describe them is a watered down version of the Mocks. I wouldnt worry about getting 260 in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Thanks, I want at least 400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I got 250 in the Christmas exams, walked away with 460 in August so no, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Thanks double gg that is encouraging :)

Advertisement