Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas test results

• 15-12-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Having done our Christmas tests back in November (Christmas indeed...) i've finally gotten back my results. Personally, I'm neither happy nor unhappy with what I got. I'm still 20-30 points off my final target of 550-560 which admittedly doesn't sound that bad but the law of diminishing returns means that getting those 20-30 extra points is going to be a nightmare.
    So for anyone else with their results back how have you fared?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I would die for your results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Well so far I have 345 points, and I'm waiting for two more tests to come back. So it's not going too bad! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

We finished ours, and even though some of our tests have been corrected, we're not allowed see them until AFTER Christmas this year for some strange reason. I did better than I could've hoped in everything - except English. Completely messed it up, lack of time management, I never got to an entire question and barely 2 pages on poetry... Serious let-down. I reckon I'll make 530ish, and so I'll be 20-30 points off the 550-560 range too.

What exams let you down, out of curiousity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

jumpguy wrote: »
    We finished ours, and even though some of our tests have been corrected, we're not allowed see them until AFTER Christmas this year for some strange reason. I did better than I could've hoped in everything - except English. Completely messed it up, lack of time management, I never got to an entire question and barely 2 pages on poetry... Serious let-down. I reckon I'll make 530ish, and so I'll be 20-30 points off the 550-560 range too.

What exams let you down, out of curiousity?
    French, Maths, English and Irish all need improvement for me (And I need to get cracking with HPAT practice papers too but that's another story ;))

French: Got a B3, I went down by 3% but I wanted to go up to at least a B2/B1 for the christmas exams. Considering I thought I got a C after the exam, I guess it's not too bad.

Maths: Reasonably pleased with maths. I went up from a C3 (!) in my summer exams to a B3 so I think that actually studying this year is working somewhat.

English: So unsure about English. I got the exact same mark as I did in summer so i'm not too happy (75%). I amn't sure if my teacher's just an extremely tough marker or not as another class in my year had five A1s and three A2s and a good few Bs and some Cs. In my class, the highest anyone got was a B2 (78%) and she's a superb writer. So all in all, meh :pac:

Irish: Went down 8% to a D1. Whoop-de-doo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've gotten 4 back and am so far at 340..
    Geography HL 98% (A1) 100
    Business HL 97% (A1) 100
    Irish OL 98% (A1) 60
    French HL 77% (B2) 80

I am happy out!!. Have to get English, Maths and Music back yet!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

I got the leaving cert equivalent of 0 points:D

Geography higher level; 95% 100 points
    Business higher level; 92% 100 points
    Economics higher level 100% 100 points
    Irish ordinary level 90% 60 points
    English higher level 76% 80 points
    Music higher level 82% 85 points
    French higher level 64% 65 points
    Maths higher level 29% 0 points (leaving cert fail)
    Bye Bye college :eek:

I do accounting aswell myself probably would of got a low B if had an exam!

Potential points 535 but they all mean nothing if I fail maths!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Business A1
    Maths (OL) A2
    Biology A2
    History B1
    French B2
    English B2
    Irish B3
    (5th year btw)
    I was expecting at least one C so I'm well happy, especially with business and Irish (so bad at Irish).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

I did pretty badly, tbh. At least, I would consider it bad.

English-70. I was gutted with this one. I didn't see any difference in the standard of my work. But, my teacher is a disaster, and tbh your grade depends on the mood she's in. :D
    Irish-47. Pretty happy. I'm gonna drop soon. Can't wait!
    Maths-68. Not happy. Thought it went well.
    Geography-73. Happy. I didn't get the paper finished, and I need to work on short answers q's
    Biology-68 :mad: Dunno what happened. I've been a straight A student until now
    French-65 :D:D Highest in the class and everything. Even though I hadn't a clue what was going on in the comprehension
    Chemistry-47.:mad::mad::mad::mad: I hate the exam paper! So much. I love the subject, but the exam is hell.

All higher, btw

Works out at about 410, which I was majorly surprised about. \o/

Moral of the story-actually study next time/ :o

Advertisement