Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Question

• 15-12-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭

Just registering my scooter tomorrow - I brought over from the UK when I moved here. Can someone recommend an insurer. I have a full bike license for 15 years, not sure if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

There are a limited number of insurance companies who do bikes,so it won't take you long to ring round for the best deal

Carole Nash
    AON
    Quinn
    Adelaide

Sorry, I haven't got phone numbers to hand, but I'm sure they're in a post somewhere here in the Motorbike forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Thank you!

Went with Carole Nash... €220 TPO.... jeez.

I was paying £93 fully comp in the UK!

Here's a mad thing... my "2008" Scooter (reg 1/1/09) will get a 11KYxxxx plate as the mileage is so low!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

si_guru wrote: »
    Went with Carole Nash... €220 TPO.... jeez.

I was paying £93 fully comp in the UK!

Here's a mad thing... my "2008" Scooter (reg 1/1/09) will get a 11KYxxxx plate as the mileage is so low!

Really? I'm making a point of not bothering ringing them after the last two years. On average quotes of 1.5k higher then the next.

I've currently got a Suzuki 125 and a Er-6n on a fully comp with Adealade for 500 2 years ncb. Cant beat that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Really? I'm making a point of not bothering ringing them after the last two years. On average quotes of 1.5k higher then the next.

I've currently got a Suzuki 125 and a Er-6n on a fully comp with Adealade for 500 2 years ncb. Cant beat that tbh.

2 years ncb, blackbird and gsx1400..... €500 fully comp with Adelaide.

Next year I will have "Irish" NCB so let's see how it pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

cantdecide wrote: »
    2 years ncb, blackbird and gsx1400..... €500 fully comp with Adelaide.
    Wow. I miss living in Dublin, but when I see stuff like this I realise I don't miss it that much. I bought a new bike in August, 30 Anniversary R1200GS Adventure. I had zero no claims as my last bike was stolen, which cost the insurance company £12500. My fully comp price for the new bike, insured for £14500 was under £300.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

yeah carole nash have been way to expensive for the last two years for me they used to be the cheapest but not anymore bunch of shady thieves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

MrPudding wrote: »
    Wow. I miss living in Dublin, but when I see stuff like this I realise I don't miss it that much. I bought a new bike in August, 30 Anniversary R1200GS Adventure. I had zero no claims as my last bike was stolen, which cost the insurance company £12500. My fully comp price for the new bike, insured for £14500 was under £300.

MrP

Not bad, I have a 1200gsa and its costing me €400 TPO. It's actually gone up even though I've been with aon 5 years and haven't made a claim. Insurance in Ireland is a farce.

• Advertisement

MrPudding wrote: »

MrP

My brother in Manchester has a GS1200 Adventurer... previous owner was Charlie Borman.. really!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 conorby

AON worth a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Got my renewal today from adelaide for my Bandit 6 factory restricted, will have 3 yrs NCB, fully comp €554, thinking of upgrading to a GSXR 600 full power and guess what it's €651, think i might do the updgrade fingers crossed:D

Carole Nash are weird. Got a quote off them yesterday and I turned them down cos it was crap. They called me today telling me they could do something about it. Went through all the details again only to be told the original quote was the best they could do. Fecken jokers

Carole Nash are weird. Got a quote off them yesterday and I turned them down cos it was crap. They called me today telling me they could do something about it. Went through all the details again only to be told the original quote was the best they could do. Fecken jokers

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭defiant12

Another year with Quinn for me.
    ZX9R, 2 yrs NCB, TPO - €320

Rang Carole Nash for a quote this morning - €1,233:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'm dreading my insurance renewal when I move up to 1,000CC in June :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

defiant12 wrote: »
    Another year with Quinn for me.
    ZX9R, 2 yrs NCB, TPO - €320

Rang Carole Nash for a quote this morning - €1,233:eek:

jeas that was a v good quote to get from quinn,,ya must have did the driving assement i say??,,,,im with nash meself and im definately changing from them when renewll time comes,i paid 860 for third party only with them when i could have gotten fully comp off another crowd for 50 euro extra :mad:,,hindsight i know but fcuk that i havnt the money this year to be paying over the odds again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Hmm getting quotes for my car have got a quote €150 cheaper then Axa currently offering - prob is I feel if I change my Motor bike 125 cc scooter fully comp €60 will fly up- it is a dilema :o

defiant12, what bike is that quote on?

I have a change of address, now living in Dublin. So my TPO has gotten more expensive. I told them I'm driving less miles now, I have the same commute without the 10km each way on a motorway outside Dublin, but it doesn't matter. I fecken hate insurance companies.
    How can they justify so much for TPO? I hate insurance companies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭defiant12

Paparazzo wrote: »
    defiant12, what bike is that quote on?

It's a 99 Kawasaki ZX9R, i'm 31, county Galway, full license 2 yrs with 2 yrs NCB.
    I also have a car policy with Quinn, got a 10% discount for that.

I don't get bike insurance premiums either, especially the ridiculous quotes for young lads.
    Where is the risk on a TPO policy to justify quotes of thousands??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

defiant12 wrote: »
    Where is the risk on a TPO policy to justify quotes of thousands??
    Young rider negligently buries himself in the side of a car, fatally injures the driver, who is a reasonably high earning father of four young children, his wife is a passenger in the same car and suffers severe brain damage. That's why.

Even if it is not something so extreme, whilst they don't have to pay for the riders bike or gear, they have to pay for whatever he hit, plus legal expenses, assuming the rider was at fault, of course.

MrP

Fúck sake, my premium has just gone up again! Because of a change of address from Meath to Dublin. I told them this just means that 3 quarters of my commute is gone, i don't have the long meath section, just the short dublin bit which I had anyway. Doesn't matter, more accidents in dublin blah blah blah. It's TPO.

You know that question they ask you, have you ever had any claims, weather you were at fault or not? Does that mean on someone elses insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Fúck sake, my premium has just gone up again! Because of a change of address from Meath to Dublin. I told them this just means that 3 quarters of my commute is gone, i don't have the long meath section, just the short dublin bit which I had anyway. Doesn't matter, more accidents in dublin blah blah blah. It's TPO.

You know that question they ask you, have you ever had any claims, weather you were at fault or not? Does that mean on someone elses insurance?

Yes. You have to notify them of a claim either way, even if a named driver. There is cross communication between the company's of a sorts, if you have a claim on your current insurance and you have a previous undisclosed claim as a named driver on somebody else's insurance they can void the insurance to third party and go after you for the amount paid out.

Advertisement