Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work and Travel in Europe

Options
  • 16-12-2010 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey,

My friends and I (all girls), want to go get away from the doom and gloom the summer of 2011. US and Canada are way too expensive to get to, considering we're students and may have repeats come early august. So, we all agreed on work and play in Europe.

3/4 of us have leaving cert german, the fourth has french.
    Any ideas of where we could go, what jobs are out there so we can work up the money to travel??
    Are there jobs that allow us to travel the continent??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

depends where you go. If you travel around the mediterranean etc you might get a job in a tourist resort working in a bar or that. I went around central europe myself and i've no 2nd language so I didnt bother looking for a job but I did see one of two posters up outside irish & english pubs in amsterdam looking for staff where dutch wasnt necessary.

Hopefully some poster on here will be able to fill you in on what job prospects are like in Germany, but when I was there (for a week and a half) I didnt come across any places that seems to have backpackers working in them, save for the youth hostels.

Advertisement