Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Just started to snow in Balrothery.
    ,North County Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

GRAUPEL!!11!

Started 5 min ago and lying. (SE Dundalk btw)

Oh ye of little faith :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

bcmf wrote: »
    ,North County Dublin

A few flakes, or is it belting down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    please tell me that stuff thats in galway right now is coming south

Looks like ithead north :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

....aaaand it's stopped.
    Good covering for a 10 min fall though. Stuck to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Anything for the Kingdom tonight, hasn't snowed all day:(

All the forcasts had snow for kerry today and it been the sunnyest day all year here in east kerry even now a clear sky with full moon and lots of stars.
    still MetE say we will have heavy snow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

M.T. has put up an update

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

:eek:-14 up near castlederg:eek:
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

djmc wrote: »
    All the forcasts had snow for kerry today and it been the sunnyest day all year here in east kerry even now a clear sky with full moon and lots of stars.

More importantly than MetE......MT has said it will be so...eh i mean snow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Oh come southwest graupel/snow, pleeeeease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

baz2009 wrote: »
    Oh come southwest graupel/snow, pleeeeease.

Very unlikely that it will make it that far inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Is it just me or is that streamer headin back towards Wales?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

djmc wrote: »

*Starts drinking*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's disappointing, but as the wind direction continues to take a more meaningful easterly direction there will be the ongoing risk of a shower or two hitting places along the east coast Dublin northwards. A centimetre or so may still fall tonight, but you'd barely notice it in comparison to what fell a couple of weeks back.

I wish there were a couple of posters from Connemara here, I'd love to know what's going on over in west Galway with all that snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

bcmf wrote: »
    ,North County Dublin
    Still snowing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

A few flakes, or is it belting down?
    Just a teaser as it stopped but as the roads are frozen its just sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It's disappointing, but as the wind direction continues to take a more meaningful easterly direction there will be the ongoing risk of a shower or two hitting places along the east coast Dublin northwards. A centimetre or so may still fall tonight, but you'd barely notice it in comparison to what fell a couple of weeks back.

I wish there were a couple of posters from Connemara here, I'd love to know what's going on over in west Galway with all that snow!

Here in Westport there has been feck all - despite the radars showing a lot of precip - it may be being dumped on the mountains before it gets here, mace head reported some lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    In fairness , the amounts that fell in west have generally been tiny compared to what the east got a couple of weeks ago. I mean under 15cm is really not disruptive. It took 16 inches to totally shut Wexford down.

Tiny? Youre having a laugh 11 inches is not tiny ,now you are just showboating. It said on BBC there was 2 feet in parts of the North.
    2 inches of snow can be disruptive, depends on the situation and the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

I wish there were a couple of posters from Connemara here, I'd love to know what's going on over in west Galway with all that snow![/QUOTE]
    Been snowing in Carraroe for a good few hours now. Plenty of snow and if that lp off the West coast decides to move inland well then most of Galway and Calre should get more snow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

The east/se got loads at the end of november/start of dec, the west/nw/north got loads in the last few days. It's not a competition:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

don't forget the lack of salt, sligo roads have generally been much better gritted than doengal ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

sean555 wrote: »
    Been snowing in Carraroe for a good few hours now. Plenty of snow and if that lp off the West coast decides to move inland well then most of Galway and Calre should get more snow.[/QUOTE]

how much do you have on the ground now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Cant understand how that snow came so close to Galway and then retreated back West and North, is it caused by the circulation of the low pressure or is there a chance it will come back in again. Gutted :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No snow here today.
    Roads are very bad here, Main roads are not gritted ,What a mess by the NRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

patneve2 wrote: »
    The east/se got loads at the end of november/start of dec, the west/nw/north got loads in the last few days. It's not a competition:)

So the midlands is next, right? Right?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Guys, I know you hate this type of question, as its just plain irritating coming from all over the place, but I have looked at all the charts and I simply dont have the experience to figure out if Limerick is actually going to get snow at all over the next two days.

Can someone who is a little more up to date on this please tell me, are we doomed to receive nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

yep the nra have really got it wrong,

they were well warned last winter,

they keep putting out a thaw is coming, typical irish, what chart are they looking at,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Cant understand how that snow came so close to Galway and then retreated back West and North, is it caused by the circulation of the low pressure or is there a chance it will come back in again. Gutted :(:(

Just watched the radar loop there. That's very harsh alright! You'd be guranteed that shower to have moved over you if it was rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blueprint/media/salt_mines_carrick.shtml

loads of salt in the north, why are buying it from africa>?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement