Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

http://www.rte.ie/weather/

Look at the 3 day outlook. They seem to know as much we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

This is just ridiculous. That big bad f**ker out to the West is literally plonking itself over Connemara not 30 miles away from me and it's not moving! If it was rain it'd be here since a week ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Well in total it is hard to believe just how poorly the Dublin folk and east have done so far from this synoptic! Sometimes you are just in the wrong place!

Well we did so well last time , that's my only consolation, would be so nice to get some more though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

weather station here at home -2.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

21:15 looking good but still slow, hope it doesn't break

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    although there is cloud to our south. havent been looking south, been looking towards galway. where did that come from

www.sat24.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

We had a very light shower of powdery snow just there, barely noticable though and it doesnt look like anything more than that tonight.

Freezing hard though all day aside from one spot from the gutter which has been dripping all day, the icicle is over a foot long now with an upwards icicle (?) on the ground below. Should look interesting in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

im not from monaghan peeps. i just dont see why anyone would post to say they have nothing.lol

Its called an update!! If your going to be negative don't bother posting like...

The rest of us are interested!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Just driven thru Lusk and the temp in the car read -6.main rds seems fine for the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Another quick dusting here. 5 min if that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Light snow shower here in the Dundalk at the moment. Wind is SE. That streamer out in the Irish Sea seems headed this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Its showing precipitation over Mayo for a good while, but not a thing has fallen from the sky yet here in Crossmolina

Same here in Westport, if you look at the Met Eireann radar we probably need those heavier bands over us (the yellow areas), and try this radar: http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx

Plus, I suspect all of that precip coming up over Connemara towards us will be dumping a lot on the Mountains before getting here, taking the sting out of them...and all of my bloody snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tibet84

im not from monaghan peeps. i just dont see why anyone would post to say they have nothing.lol

You posted and you had nothing to say. Btw, your location says Monaghan Town. Regardless, that person was just giving an update of their area. No need to be nasty and yes, saying 'who cares' is nasty....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i heard met eireann said we in meath might get snow tonight, well ive not seen any charts, isobars, low pressure, steamers or streamers, ive just had a look out the door during a break in the darts, and i'm going to predict no snow for county meath tonight, interesting to see if i'm right with my prediction. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Its called an update!! If your going to be negative don't bother posting like...

The rest of us are interested!:)
    what he said !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

tibet84 wrote: »
    You posted and you had nothing to say. Btw, your location says Monaghan Town. Regardless, that person was just giving an update of their area. No need to be nasty and yes, saying 'who cares' is nasty....

Not to mention, downright pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

snow ghost wrote: »
    Same here in Westport, if you look at the Met Eireann radar we probably need those heavier bands over us (the yellow areas), and try this radar: http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx

Plus, I suspect all of that precip coming up over Connemara towards us will be dumping a lot on the Mountains before getting here, taking the sting out of them...and all of my bloody snow!

Sorry to hear that! Was talking to the cousin earlier and he reckons there's about 4 inches or so of snow in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    This is just ridiculous. That big bad f**ker out to the West is literally plonking itself over Connemara not 30 miles away from me and it's not moving! If it was rain it'd be here since a week ago!

Tell me about it. Tracked it all day, it was within touching distance of Galway City when an Easterly wind picked up and blew it back out West:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Ali Babba wrote: »

thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Many others have spoken for me wrt how it sounded nasty. I'll add this much: Why would someone bother to post the fact that they didn't care about something, and assumed that no one else did in the process? It was completely pointless. Any sensible person wouldn't respond to something if they didn't care about it:confused:

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    thank you:)
    thanks from me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Tell me about it. Tracked it all day, it was within touching distance of Galway City when an Easterly wind picked up and blew it back out West:mad:

So close http://saturn.unibe.ch/rsbern/noaa/dw/realtime/current/n1bcurr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The front in the Irish sea is breaking up! :(:mad::(:mad:

I hope its just a glitch as there is a bit of red in it, next update will tell all

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Ms Streamer, keep your fine ass headed east please. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

That cloud mass to the southwest is indeed worth watching

Many others have spoken for me wrt how it sounded nasty. I'll add this much: Why would someone bother to post the fact that they didn't care about something, and assumed that no one else did in the process? It was completely pointless. Any sensible person wouldn't respond to something if they didn't care about it:confused:

why is everybody so upset, was a nasty comment passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SquallyShowers

We have 6 of 7 inches at this stage with no new snowfall all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Just watching RRTE news any couldnt help but laugh. I quote ''cork and the south-west has seen it worst snow in decades, up to 3 inches in places'', LMAO, lol. Enjoy your mini-dusting lads, a breeze might blow it all away:D

dacogawa wrote: »
    The front in the Irish sea is breaking up! :(:mad::(:mad:

we may forget snow on the east coast, i looked up in the sky about 10mins ago and im predicting no snow tonight, break in the darts, i'll have another look

• Advertisement

That cloud mass to the southwest is indeed worth watching
    MT did predict that would dump on us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement