Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

sky is still clear, no sign of the white stuff, but it's a bit chilly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Could be a bit of stuff for the West and S West, if this moves in:

5271747773_23fc61853d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Anyone know why precipitation can hang over you all day on the radar and not fall as anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

why is everybody so upset, was a nasty comment passed
    I'm not upset, just confused as to the poster's logic. I'm personally not impressed with the comment in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Wasn't the nine o'clock weather the vaguest yet? We might, we mightn't. I don't think they have a clue most of the time.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Did anyone else notice that the part of Gerald flemings interview of him saying that there would be a significant thaw for christmas eve onwards from the 6 news was edited out of the 9 news.
    Also Gerry Murphy said the cold would last right up until Christmas. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Pangea wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that the part of Gerald flemings interview of him saying that there would be a significant thaw for christmas eve onwards from the 6 news was edited out of the 9 news.
    Also Gerry Murphy said the cold would last right up until Christmas. ;)

i'd say somebody from on here managed to get into rte and edit geralds bit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

-7.2 in Kilcullen and dropping, no sign of snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Wasn't the nine o'clock weather the vaguest yet? We might, we mightn't. I don't think they have a clue most of the time.....

I think he admitted that it was very hard to forecast - as has been pretty much agreed here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

18z is poor, remains dry in the short term even for the South

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

is there anyone here from the coast of galway it has to be snowing there according to those charts,also stupid question but on raintoday chart what is the long straight line of rain coming out from cork all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

davidsr20 wrote: »
    is there anyone here from the coast of galway it has to be snowing there according to those charts,also stupid question but on raintoday chart what is the long straight line of rain coming out from cork all the time?

The long straight line is a wifi signal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

those showers in the Irish sea look like they will give not much more than a bare dusting if they come onshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The precipitation in the Irish sea has slowed down & looks like its calming down on the 22:00 :(

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

north mayo wont get anymore snow will they? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

SNOW IS GONE LOCK IT UP ADMIN!im joking but did feel the urge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Gonzo wrote: »
    those showers in the Irish sea look like they will give not much more than a bare dusting if they come onshore.

I'd take it.

A light dusting, make things look pretty, but still able to drive... and it'll stick around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It's all going the way of the pear tbh
    Dry and frosty now all week with snow for nobody followed by a painfully slow but now almost certain warm up for Christmas.
    Hmm, warm would be better than this, at least we could all get out and do stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

New record low here! -3.6C here and still falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Stopped snowing for about an hour or a bit more after 8pm, but back at it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that! Was talking to the cousin earlier and he reckons there's about 4 inches or so of snow in Castlebar.

Cork Airport now reading 0 ( zero ) degrees

It seems the Cork/Kerry coastline is far warmer than anywhere esle in the country

3 degrees Sherkin Is
    3 degrees Valentia

-3 Wexford
    -6 Dublin Airport
    -8 Shannonbridge
    -15 Castlederg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's all going the way of the pear tbh
    Dry and frosty now all week with snow for nobody followed by a painfully slow but now almost certain warm up for Christmas.
    Hmm, warm would be better than this, at least we could all get out and do stuff
    The snow's still looking like it will give Munster a fair bit over tonight and possibly in a day or two aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Just watching RRTE news any couldnt help but laugh. I quote ''cork and the south-west has seen it worst snow in decades, up to 3 inches in places'', LMAO, lol. Enjoy your mini-dusting lads, a breeze might blow it all away:D

I know it was only 3 inches of snow, but there has been no thaw whatsoever today, so there are 3 solid inches of compacted snow/ice on the roads Absolutely lethal, especially since Cork is so hilly. I drove from Kilmallock, Co Limerick to Fermoy, Co Cork today and a 30 minute journey took me 1hr 15mins. No roads I travelled on had been gritted.

Was supposed to go out in Cork city tonight but decided not to risk it because the forecast was so bad for tonight, and also a good friend of mine was killed earlier this week in a crash caused by black ice on a road that hadn't been gritted (a mother of two young children) so I'm very wary.....

Don't travel unless you have to, and if you do travel please PLEASE take care.......

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

can any of the experts tell if there will be snow for the south east within the next 48 hours because i am loosing the faith very very fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Carlow -7.9

no snow..

fecking cold..

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

foxinsox wrote: »
    Carlow -7.9

no snow..

fecking cold..

:(

There was a chance threw mon and tue, but not looking great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭Speak Now

smokin ace wrote: »
    can any of the experts tell if there will be snow for the south east within the next 48 hours because i am loosing the faith very very fast

Sorry no, you'll have to break out the stuff you put in the freezer 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    ME have snow for parts of ulster and connaught on wednesday :)

i didn't see that broadcast.
    was it just for coastal regions of the west and north?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Clouds starting to build up big time here in Bishopstown!

Possibly in for some action in the next few hours!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

smokin ace wrote: »
    just looked at bbc weather a few mins ago and it looks impressive for the hole south of the country and wex will get hammerd:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement