Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Can anyone tell me if there will be any snow at all in the Kilkenny region tonight or tomorrow? Have a long Journey to Meath tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Latest satellite imagery shows some convection off the east coast. It indicates that those showers are growing in strength:)

Could be another cm in it for a few parts between Dundalk and Dublin? Terrible clutching at straws here!

That what we want to hear!

opening another bottle!

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there will be any snow at all in the Kilkenny region tonight or tomorrow? Have a long Journey to Meath tomorrow.

20% chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Radar at 23.45 also shows this latest (rather minor) development. Cheers to a 10 minute snow shower:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Latest satellite imagery shows some convection off the east coast. It indicates that those showers are growing in strength:)

Could be another cm in it for a few parts between Dundalk and Dublin? Terrible clutching at straws here!

And radar is backing that up. Looking like a few flurries could be on the cards. I've run out of straws at this stage but I had any left I'd be clutching at them too.

• Advertisement

00.00 radar really shows little hope guys...sorry. i want it as much as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

inabina wrote: »

Shannon radar is down in latest update though, might have had an impact... hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Any one have any predictions on east cork tonight ?

Shannon radar down in the 00:00 on raintoday, so that would've made it look less promising. met.ie not updated yet

Cionád wrote: »
    Shannon radar is down in latest update though, might have had an impact... hopefully.

true....a load of straw in your hand....but true...

• Advertisement

The midnight radar image from UKMO shows a slight further enhancement of precipitation? Lads, the infrared sat never lies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

aaww, seems to be warming up here in letterkenny.... killygordon on the nra website was at -14 but is down to -13 now, must be the clouds rolling in.... might not break any records after all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

strange problem with radar, difference between 15min updates and the 5min updates.

The 0000 update is like the 5min updated ones but im sure the one at 0015 will be have more precip back up in the Irish sea ala the 2345 etc..

But i don't know which is right, best keep an eye on the satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any one have any predictions on east cork tonight ?

0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Starting to cloud over here in Carrigaline, hopefully more snow on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

I doubt that streamer will hit me in dublin 5, I hope someone out here gets something though, it will give me some hope :rolleyes:

met.ie 00:00 radar showing pretty much the same as 23:45, with maybe a slight more easterly shift and slightly more intense showers .. a slight upgrade.

I need more straws!

strange problem with radar, difference between 15min updates and the 5min updates.

The 0000 update is like the 5min updated ones but im sure the one at 0015 will be have more precip back up in the Irish sea ala the 2345 etc..

Good point, watch on rain today how Mayo precip dissappears when shannon goes down even though its not under shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

What are the chances of getting heavy snow in Dublin?

The latest sat image continues to have that convection develop a bit and it looks like the beginnings of a streamer. As for when the end will be, I'm afraid to answer that and not in a good way:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 solasame

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Starting to cloud over here in Carrigaline, hopefully more snow on the way.

When you say 'more' snow on the way.. was there any at all this evening in Carrigaline?

It was clear skies last time I checked about an hour ago.

What are the chances of getting heavy snow in Dublin?

35%?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

jesus if this type of weather keeps up the bosses over boards will have to get a group discount for alcoholics anonymous

00.15 looks promising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blueburd

dont why were running out of grit for the road...

how many tonnes of grit are used daily for the roads does anyone know?

00.15 looks promising

very promising, especially for east meath/louth and also Dublin, maybe as far south as north wicklow. We need just another slight shift easterly in the winds now and we're in business!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

the 00:15 has picked up, come to the east coast baby, come on

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

dacogawa wrote: »

cum all ye faithful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Is that lump over mayo ever gonna make further northeast ?? Been there nearly all day !!:(

• Advertisement

dacogawa wrote: »

cum on give it to us. cum on!!

DRINK ANYONE?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement