Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

dacogawa wrote: »
    Thanks Stargate, hope it belts down for you too (bloody big precipitation off to your south west)

dacogawa clouded over , but no show snow ;) .............Yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Stargate wrote: »
    Any Luck ?
    Dont know where JohnJo is but i am near Farranfore and it still hasnt arrived, temp gone up from -4 to -2 and cloudy but nothing falling yet and not sure if it will as its very stubbornly staying over south kerry and west cork by the looks of the radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Any chance of it hitting north carlow ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

At least my forcast was correct - heavy showers in Louth - light or moderate elsewhere - nothing here - meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Nope. Should be here any minute, says its over Killarney at the moment on raintoday.
    Snowing lightly here now:D

• Advertisement

Dont know where JohnJo is but i am near Farranfore and it still hasnt arrived, temp gone up from -4 to -2 and cloudy but nothing falling yet and not sure if it will as its very stubbornly staying over south kerry and west cork by the looks of the radar

True ,,, taking an age to move

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Just drove from Swords to Rush, started snowing around Blakes Cross and has just stopped now in Rush.

Seemed really fine stuff, kinda drifting around on the road as cars stirred it up.
    Temp in Rush now -5.3 according to my WS.

Correction - Here it come again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I'm calling it a night, Going to go look out the window at it & then bed.

Night all & hope you get what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

mmmmmmmmm it looks like that streamer is dying out the nearer it gets here:( think i'll give up and go to bed:cool: Maybe, just maybe, i'll wake up to a nice covering of the lovely white stuff in the morning:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Clear again here with the moon out, gonna head off to bed now.
    Night all

• Advertisement

mmmmmmmmm it looks like that streamer is dying out the nearer it gets here:( think i'll give up and go to bed:cool: Maybe, just maybe, i'll wake up to a nice covering of the lovely white stuff in the morning:P

Fingers crossed ha

trogdor wrote: »
    Clear again here with the moon out, gonna head off to bed now.
    Night all

Nite trogdor , Nice wx station by th way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Have to say, I was spot on with when it would arrive and how long it would last. Started at 2:40am and finished at 3:25. Exactly 45minutes :D

For the record, what fell in Bray was light fine stuff that blew around as cars drove past....for the first 5 minutes. After that it was big huge fluffy flakes for the remaining 40 minutes. Total accumulation about 1.25-1.5 inches. Jaysus, imagine gettin a few hours of that!! :D

Its 3:30 now, I am up at 7:30am for work and now I have no hope of even getting a nap for the next hour or so. The drinkers on the way home from the seafront are having snowball fights outside just like Sunday Nov 30th. Didn't stop hearing them till nearly 5am that night. Ah well, ya have to take the good with the bad.

Anyway, finally get to take a photo of a nice little covering of snow and a Christmas tree in the same shot. This is a first in my neck of the woods :D

BTW. Did I already say....

WooHoo!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lottie127

snow in ucd!!! Finally after all this just to see something its like a relief!!

Calibos wrote: »
    Have to say, I was spot on with when it would arrive and how long it would last. Started at 2:40am and finished at 3:25. Exactly 45minutes :D

For the record, what fell in Bray was light fine stuff that blew around as cars drove past....for the first 5 minutes. After that it was big huge fluffy flakes for the remaining 40 minutes. Total accumulation about 1.25-1.5 inches. Jaysus, imagine gettin a few hours of that!! :D

Its 3:30 now, I am up at 7:30am for work and now I have no hope of even getting a nap for the next hour or so. The drinkers on the way home from the seafront are having snowball fights outside just like Sunday Nov 30th. Didn't stop hearing them till nearly 5am that night. Ah well, ya have to take the good with the bad.

Anyway, finally get to take a photo of a nice little covering of snow and a Christmas tree in the same shot. This is a first in my neck of the woods :D

BTW. Did I already say....

WooHoo!!

:D

HaHa Calibos .... DELIGHTED FOR YA ........ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Snowing in Dublin 11, very light flakes.

Not lookin' good for Dublin CC. Seams to be petering out over South County Dublin. However it looks like Dogheda is about to get about 1.5 hours plus. Nice extended streamer as opposed to Brays round blob tracking right over them.

This fills me with some hope for the coming days. This shower was from the South East. Roll on some convection tomorrow over the sea and some nice streamers for the east coast. Seems with current temps we can at least have a chance of some streamers as long as there is an easterly component to the wind, even a South Easterly.

Think I'll bring the laptop to work tomorrow, cause I'd go mad not knowing whats goin on while in work when there is actual lying snow here and potential for more. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Went either side of me in malahide - sickened

Calibos wrote: »
    Not lookin' good for Dublin CC. Seams to be petering out over South County Dublin. However it looks like Dogheda is about to get about 1.5 hours plus. Nice extended streamer as opposed to Brays round blob tracking right over them.

This fills me with some hope for the coming days. This shower was from the South East. Roll on some convection tomorrow over the sea and some nice streamers for the east coast. Seems with current temps we can at least have a chance of some streamers as long as there is an easterly component to the wind, even a South Easterly.

Think I'll bring the laptop to work tomorrow, cause I'd go mad not knowing whats goin on while in work when there is actual lying snow here and potential for more. :D

A pic of your snowfall before its gone off the server lol

http://saturn.unibe.ch/rsbern/noaa/dw/realtime/current/n1bcurr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

ahhh ffs here was me thinking we had got away with the snow here just looked out the window about an inch down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Still no sign of that snow coming from the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Grim. wrote: »
    ahhh ffs here was me thinking we had got away with the snow here just looked out the window about an inch down

I'll take it if you don't want it.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Sky clearing up now over Rush, Nth. Co. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'll take it if you don't want it.:P

na i love the snow but its just an awkward week for it to happen thats all dont think theres to be much more on the east coast that i know of anyway

just went out there to have a look only about 15mm down but its very dry powdery snow never seen snow like it before

anyone got the forcast for the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Ninja snow! I had given up and went to bed, but felt the urge to go for a piddle and noticed a familiar white glow coming through the bathroom window. About 1cm has accumulated here in within the last hour and I didn;t witness a single flake falling! Mission accomplished though, I knew the Irish Sea wouldn't let me down tonight :)

It's not so long ago that a foot of snow was lying here, but this simple 1cm is just as beautiful.
    [/nostalgia]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Still SFA in Limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Went either side of me in malahide - sickened

Tell me about it :(

Well the drunks stopped shouting and having snowball fights outside at about 4:30am, I got to sleep at about 5am and the newspaper delivery guys made a racket at 7am starting the dogs off howling.

If I can convince myself that I just had a nice 2 hour nap rather than missed 5 hours of sleep, my body and brain might just last me the work day. :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

My child is supposed to be driven from Sligo to Cork on Christmas Eve. It's not going to be possible is it?

It's just I need to let Santa know where she will be, and I hear he has got her a VERY LARGE present which won't fit in a car so it would have to be couriered to Cork or Sligo. Will the couriers even be working this week? Arrgh.

And instead of the Indian Meal for one which I had planned for Christmas dinner for myself (sniff) I will need to shop for food for proper Christmas day meals.

But mainly I want to let her know where she is going to be instead of her having to wonder/worry all week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

1cm of snow here overnight to add to my 1mm yesterday. -2.3c atm after an overnight low of -7.1c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement