Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Cleared up in Letterkenny, blue skies just showed up all of a sudden and the clouds are moving really fast. It might intensify over land but if not then dont expect anything exciting down the country from that band that was over us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Donie75 wrote: »
    The NRA website has a weather page. It had two links on it up until the last bad snow/freeze but one was removed. The one removed was a map with links to all the NRA weather stations. I had saved the link as a favourite. This is the actual link and it's a handy way to see temperatures around the country.
    http://www.trafficweather.info/roadWeather/rwisMap.jsp?client=208

Sorry was away for a bit there, is this the other one you were looking for ?

http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

http://itn.co.uk/eb35c82b24b9906aba40d53d7513c877.html

Incredible scenes in Ohio, USA

I'd love a bit of what they're having

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

cloudy and windy here in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very heavy hail shower Newcastle Co Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Like others have reported, the cats here ( we have 2) are spooked by the way the weather is behaving, they were spooked when we had the last fall of the previous session, and are not acting normally today, the one that is usually outdoors a lot is in and out like a yoyo at the moment.

funningly enough the cat i have seems to love the snow and will start running about and playing in it.
    i'm not really a cat person, but since i discovered he likes snow we get on better:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

funningly enough the cat i have seems to love the snow and will start running about and playing in it.
    i'm not really a cat person, but since i discovered he likes snow we get on better:pac:

had to ask - if you're not a cat person, why did you get one? Or did he come as part of a package deal !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

My cat is a pure white.. when he goes out in snow he is like a ninja !!:D

& the met has changed again!

nat00_weather.png?1215nat01_weather.png?1215nat02_weather.png?1215

As said above dont get too excited by the orange blobs on raintoday.co.uk... i have been under one of them for over an hour and only the lightest drizzle with one very breif sleet shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

ciaranm wrote: »
    http://itn.co.uk/eb35c82b24b9906aba40d53d7513c877.html

Incredible scenes in Ohio, USA

I'd love a bit of what they're having

Here's the embedded version from youtube so people don't have to navigate away :)

i see snow, well on the map

kermit-frog.gif

had to ask - if you're not a cat person, why did you get one? Or did he come as part of a package deal !

he was a stray kitten that wandered in a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dacogawa wrote: »
    & the met has changed again!

nat00_weather.png?1215nat01_weather.png?1215nat02_weather.png?1215

making it up as they go along nobody i know has any faith in their forecasts for the north west. they just stick a rain cloud over us to be sure !

nobody i know has any faith in their forecasts for the north west.

Try everywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

s_carnage wrote: »
    Sun gone in here in Galway and gone very dark.

Seems to be getting brighter now, Parkmore area.

really gusty now. if the wind doesn't die down much in the coming hours it could be fun later on this evening and tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

East Clare has 6C and rain... same as every other day of the year then !!!

Nothing here now... nothing.. a normal bland day...think i will go for a nap and see what its like in a hour or so:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

That band of showers in Northern Scotland seems to be making its way here now, theyve definitely become a bit more intense off the north coast so hopefully this is the start of the real snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

there is a gap between the passing front and the snow showers, you can see the clear artic air just over north donegal now and the first of many snow showers making landfall in an hour or less, rest of the country still covered by the frontal troughs or clear slots between both...;) will be another few hours before we are into the proper artic airmass.

image.ashx?ok=1&country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

temperature dropping off very nicely in bray now, down from 8.5 at 10 o'clock to 4.9oc now. the dewpoint's down from 6 to 2.1 aswell :D i like how this is going

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Started to lightly snow here in Cavan. Pretty windy too.

rain and wind in cork:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Temperature 6.2 °C Dew Point 1.7 °C Windchill 2.4 °C Humidity 73%

Rain in Kilcullen. every bit of snow that was lying around for over a week now gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Wind gust here of 20kmh WNW 12:42

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

That band of showers in Northern Scotland seems to be making its way here now, theyve definitely become a bit more intense off the north coast so hopefully this is the start of the real snow

Bang on.. once the air has cleared convection will develop hard and fast in the adlantic so showers will start to get more intense, remember rain today and other radars see precipitation only.. the clumps of cloud on the visual sat will all begin to precipitate once they are big enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Anyone know what the buoy temps are like now in the North and West ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    rain and wind in cork:rolleyes:

Patience sunbabe, patience...our time will come...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

moogester wrote: »
    Its from netweather.tv but you need to pay for it.

Check out www.raintoday.co.uk for a free radar.

I pay for the raintoday version with forecast & snow showing round Dublin about lunchtime :)

Edit: Cian beat me to it :D

Thank you!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement