Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mac_

very nice.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Can anyone help on my remote sensor? It says it has to be out of direct sunlight and rain but open to the sky, how can that work? I have it out at the mo but it's obviously in direct sunlight as it's showig 5.2c steadily climbing since the sun came out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Utterly disappointed.

Does the the latest reports mean no snow at all for Wexford?

Im jealous of the snow everywhere else.

Don't stress, still alot of cold days to come. I think our chances get better during the week, if your at home, watch the farming forecast @1.30 on RTE 1.
    And keep an eye on what M.T says, i have faith in him:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Flew into Amsterdam this morning. This place is covered! White everywhere! 3 or 4 inches anyway. Corks little dusting is nothing really! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Haha, I'm absolutely delighted! 2 inches on the ground everywhere, I exceeded my own forecast! Most places along the coast got about a cm or so, so perhaps I should have a bit more faith in the convective properties of the Irish Sea! Otherwise quite happy with my forecast. About 3cm added to what was there before.

I'm only disappointed that my temptation to sleep overcame everything else;)

There should be an ongoing chance of showers along the coast north of Drogheda but they'll be weak if any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

Could you all please please please ask the Snow Goddess to cast her icy hands over Wexford??

I am delighted for all of you with snow....but can you imagine my delight if we had some here?

I need ALL your help here........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Been snowing really heavily here in Inniscarra, Cork for the last 15 minutes. Thick powdery flakes:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Nothing here on the coast... and it's reading a tropical +4C. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Anybody elses power go out last night in West Dublin? I think it must have been huge lightening because the clock stopped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

It's looking a bit sleety here in Cork now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Can anyone help on my remote sensor? It says it has to be out of direct sunlight and rain but open to the sky, how can that work? I have it out at the mo but it's obviously in direct sunlight as it's showig 5.2c steadily climbing since the sun came out!

Get it out of the sun for starters, it should be 1.25m high and shaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

looks like its all over...
    no snow around tipp again..
    got nothing from this cold spell , and the last one we only got an inch or 2.. and everywhere is after gettin some at this stage , flippin dublin , wexford etc last time , an the north the west cork etc this time round...

nothing in the south.. :( next year maybe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Hey folks.
    Can any one tell me will there be snow today in the Kilkenny area or is it a lost cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Hey folks.
    Can any one tell me will there be snow today in the Kilkenny area or is it a lost cause?

if the wind changes again anything can happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It looks very bad for Irish people, based in the East and South East of England, looking to travel home for Christmas, if the BBC forecast is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

It looks very bad for Irish people, based in the East and South East of England, looking to travel home for Christmas, if the BBC forecast is correct.

Why can't it be the south east of Ireland!
    QQ

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It looks like the area of interest for most of us in Ireland will be how low the temperature can go to at night from now on.

Convection is building up in the Irish Sea according to the satellite footage.

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

It's looking like an area from about Rush to Dundalk will be seeing occasional showers over today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

It looks like the area of interest for most of us in Ireland will be how low the temperature can go to at night from now on.

-4 to -6 during the day and it'll be thank you very much Mr. Paddy Power :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

A little bit picking up in the Irish sea (east of Drogheda) on the radar 12:00, might be nothing but keep an eye on the next update (12:15)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Anyone else having problems with the www.nra.ie website? I can't get the attachment to open for the latest road conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

long time stalker of this thread first time poster... since the last snowfall in dublin this has turned into my bible and am getting a little concerned that Dublin is getting no snow :confused: i made a mad dash over the weekend to finish my shopping so i could enjoy the snow but it aint happening whats the odds of us getting enough for possible a snowman (family):(

Try a direct link to the map version of the weather stations:

http://www.trafficweather.info/roadWeather/rwisMap.jsp?client=208

That works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

yes, its picked up a bit Drogheda to Dundalk might get some.

If you do please ask it to send its friends further south :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

dacogawa wrote: »
    yes, its picked up a bit Drogheda to Dundalk might get some.

If you do please ask it to send its friends further south :)
    I think i'll let it stay :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea looks like a few showers developing heading towards the Louth coast.

Tinkle the wind slightly more north of east please!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Yea looks like a few showers developing heading towards the Louth coast.

Tinkle the wind slightly more north of east please!

Let us hope the predicted wind shift happens !

ukwind.png

ukwind.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Absolutely nothing here in Celbridge since that dusting on Friday evening, which looks more like a heavy frost than snow to be honest.
    Just mental temperatures-was -7 and -8 last night around 10pm when we ventured to Maynooth for some Mickey D's.
    So is the chance of snow gone for this area or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Had a good bit of snow over night/in the morning here in Crossmaglen :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

feeling the same here in Dublin getting a little sad now wanted big snow like the last one any sign of any at all hitting us even over christmas or the new year?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement