Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Skies are getting very dark here in Waterford. Sat 24 shows a lot of cloud coming up the south coast.

Could we be on for a few showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

its picked up a bit more on the 12:30 http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Could everyone in Dundalk please go outside and blow south :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Decent cloudscape developing here with dark clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Looks like the showers are finished in and around Cork City, the precip appears to be moving up along the coast, and no sign of the big blob moving off bantry bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

dacogawa wrote: »
    its picked up a bit more on the 12:30 http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Could everyone in Dundalk please go outside and blow south :)

I am going to change my name to "South"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Just in from 'sweeping' the snow! It seems so wrong to be sweeping instead of shovelling! :rolleyes:
    But sure don't I have to prepare the ground for the next snowstorm (whenever that might be!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Alot of cloud in Wexford, but thats all, nothing fallin from it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

djhaxman wrote: »
    -4 to -6 during the day and it'll be thank you very much Mr. Paddy Power :D

slightly off-topic, did you have a bet on last nights boxing match?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Is that another bunch forming down by dub on the 12:45 ?

A few flakes falling here now.

And big bubbles heading for louth by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Flurry of snow here in Meath. Very cloudy though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thaw on here, the little dusting we had Friday night is now starting to melt... so roads could be quite slippy now. What a let down this cold spell has been for snow lovers in the east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Huge flat-topper to my south (sun just vanished behind it)...I'd say it's pelting down somewhere near Dunleer or Anagassan.
    Looks to be a streamer starting to get fed out on the edge of the bay (tidal influence again I'll bet)

Temp here is still above freezing, but has fallen since earlier this morning....so it bodes well for a bit of sneachta here this afternoon.

[edit] That said we have a thaw underway as well...bloody schizo weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Where's all the snow :( Boo! Just reached +5 on the coast. Sunny out. SPF time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Those white Christmas bets, isn't it a requirement that snow falls on Christmas day at a set location like Dublin airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

airport hill got a nice dusting i see.

i see more cloud on the way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Min wrote: »
    Those white Christmas bets, isn't it a requirement that snow falls on Christmas day at a set location like Dublin airport?

yeah im fairly sure it is. The forecast is for very dry weather from now on so not sure we'll (the East) get to see any more snow till 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

it looks on the 12.45 radar that a very small bit of prep building in the irish sea heading between dundalk and drogheda

Gonzo wrote: »
    thaw on here, the little dusting we had Friday night is now starting to melt... so roads could be quite slippy now. What a let down this cold spell has been for snow lovers in the east.

I'm only down the road from you and there is now thaw here!

Sun and small hail here.

Decent shower to my east but not very cold out there, obviously precip will still be snow/hail due to very low dewpoint. And should drop very quickly in a decent shower.

Lets hope the irish sea can kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Gonzo wrote: »
    yeah im fairly sure it is. The forecast is for very dry weather from now on so not sure we'll (the East) get to see any more snow till 2011.

i was looking at the requirements last week on the pp website and it has to snow at least 1mm at dublin airport for to get a pay out

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Weathercheck where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Sun and small hail here.

Decent shower to my east but not very cold out there, obviously precip will still be snow/hail due to very low dewpoint. And should drop very quickly in a decent shower.

Lets hope the irish sea can kick off.

Showers heading in now towards Swords too

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Juppie wrote: »
    I'm only down the road from you and there is now thaw here!

Nor here in Navan, if the M2 bouy would ever wake up we could speculate as to why this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

NoodleMc wrote: »
    Just in from 'sweeping' the snow! It seems so wrong to be sweeping instead of shovelling! :rolleyes:
    But sure don't I have to prepare the ground for the next snowstorm (whenever that might be!) :D

no-one likes a bragger.. even the white frost has melted up here:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

still building on the 13:00, the bit off north Dublin as well

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Family members heading to Donegal from Dublin. Anybody up there got an up-date before they head?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Met eireann have heavy snow forecast for east on Tuesday. No doubt they will be wrong of course

Flurry has all be stopped now and it's getting a bit brighter. I can see some blue sky creeping in. Ah well.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Dark clouds and showers seem to be approaching Malahide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement