Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Sun and small hail here.

Decent shower to my east but not very cold out there, obviously precip will still be snow/hail due to very low dewpoint. And should drop very quickly in a decent shower.

Lets hope the irish sea can kick off.

Its 4c and rising here just to the south of Portmarnock, dark clouds to my east but Holyhead is getting in the way, there just skimming to the north of me slightly! I wouldn't be surprised if it fell as rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I would say shower heading in just slightly north of here, i would say, Malahide/Swords will get a flurry perhaps something heavier in next while.

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Its 4c and rising here just to the south of Portmarnock, dark clouds to my east but Holyhead is getting in the way, there just skimming to the north of me slightly! I wouldn't be surprised if it fell as rain!

Nah will be hail or snow, do not be deceived by the temp, dew points at -4c in Dublin Airport.

Plenty cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Not a bad forecast from Gerry. Looks like the south to get some over the next couple of days. But i'll believe it when i see it. Also he showing the breakdown for Xmas eve, with a possibility of snow turn to rain on xmas day. So I guess he's not taking to much heade of the 6z for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Clear enough sky in Dundalk, few clouds around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

chance of snow for the east on Tuesday but I wouldnt bet on it, the cold spell has gone wrong the whole way since day 1 for the east so far. Lots of snow forecasted for Cork & Kerry over next 5 days tho.

* just started snowing very lightly here now (surprised)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

The Irish Sea is starting wake up, looking good for Dublin over the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Starting to snow in Malahide, getting heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

nice hail shower in Malahide.

All planes taking off from DUB are quickly diverting away from the clouds, thats a good sign! :)

Edit: I can actually see the snow falling just to my north! :(

• Advertisement

Medium hail here, not gonna ly or anything as temp too high.

What we want is for the feed to get going all evening/night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Irish sea finally looks to have woken up after a late sleep in which we will forgive it being a Sunday, hopefully its all refreshed and ready to go :pac:

Opr

And just like that it's fizzling away, mix of light hail and snow

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Been a few showers here in Lusk over the last hour - went for a walk to the shops and the sun was shining at first, felt pretty mild and then cloud cover with light snow/hail... you could really feel a dramatic temp change. Just starting again out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Really building on the 13:30, I think there's snow on the way north of Dublin

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I'm off for a 20 mile cycle on the southside, better bring my phone to check if I'm going to get pelted on the way back

Ugh first it was the IOM shadow now its the Anglesea Shadow!! :rolleyes: Just my luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Ugh first it was the IOM shadow now its the Anglesea Shadow!! :rolleyes: Just my luck...

Winds are due to start shifting in the next hour or so, keep the faith !

Mix of snow and hail falling now in Malahide, getting much darker out there all of a sudden

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Gerry had a little snow cloud on my southeast corner for the nexts few days!!!(i love you gerry)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

A comparatively warm 2.5 in Kilcullen and Fridays sugar dusting starting to melt on exposed ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I can see loads of dark clouds to the south of Dundalk :(

Why cant they be here

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Light snow starting to fall in Swords..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Nice cells moving into Co. Louth. Moving south of us here in Dundalk.

Decent shower incoming here by the looks of the radar.

decent as in a medium shower!

Anvil to my east.

Wont settle though but a good sign considering no precip at all was forecast by the models for the east today.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Winds are due to start shifting in the next hour or so, keep the faith !

to what direction will these wind change to

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

Can anyone see significant snow for the east tuesday or is gerry murphy seeing things?!

slightly Bigger flakes in Malahide now. Was not expecting this. Whether it will last is another issue but certainly darker and colder. Quite random change from an hour ago anyway. Very intermittent showers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Not one model is showing a thaw Christmas Eve, well maybe ECM
    Met Eireann are placing all their eggs on a thaw before Christmas.
    Highly unlikely and yet again unbelievable stuff from Met Eireann.
    They really are close to useless, a proper forecast would be to suggest it might get slightly milder at Christmas but nothing is certain.

My punt is for cold to remain because 2 out of the big 3 currently show this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Whahey!

What Radar are you following? i mean which is the best?:cool:

• Advertisement

heavy hail here now, deceiving as it is still sunny!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement