Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

We have a complete light grey cloud cover, but none of the clouds are holding absolutely anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No more snow in cork but not great to walk on. Sky news just said snow will push into southern Ireland and locks like it hit cork city.

according to weatherchannel, we're getting snow tonight.

cloud covering 100% looks rather empty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

AloKildare wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the showers starting to shift more to a north-easterly airflow??
    yeah wind gone NE at airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

delw wrote: »
    yeah wind gone NE at airport
    Nice one, Might come to Dundalk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Small snow shower in Maynooth just a few mins ago, didn't last too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Still pelting down in Sutton, big flakes. A good 2 or 3 cms I would guess has stuck. Not much wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Graupel now in Drogheda.

Have we got an East Coast Streamer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Snow dying down a bit here, I can see the sun to my southwest, it looks eerie with its wateriness and all the flakes falling down. Wind has completely died here, an amazing change. At one stage the flakes were blowing in horizontally and were sticking to north facing windows directly! Now it's just piling up at the bottom. Another inch or so put down so far, with a bit of drifting just from that.

I'm just north of Drogheda today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Anyone have a good estimation when it's supposed to snow in Cork next ? We talking early in the morning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Wow some seriously heavy snow now. Quite strange how it comes out of nowhere. Its sticking everywhere now, what we need now is for it to keep going!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ocallagh wrote: »
    Still pelting down in Sutton, big flakes. A good 2 or 3 cms I would guess has stuck. Not much wind.

woooot? really, just up the road and just a dusting here and there! Well done!;)

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Wow some seriously heavy snow now. Quite strange how it comes out of nowhere. Its sticking everywhere now, what we need now is for it to keep going!! :D
    Ok. This is just downright unfair :( On the west(at least in clare) we pray, beg, do snow dances and the snow drifts right by our coast, yet in the East it piles up thick and fast in seconds:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

NE should be good, give the streamers more time to beef up a bit, instead of dying out as quickly as they are now . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Awful ice :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

nice big flakes for past 40 mins here in coolock. fairly heavey too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

seems to have turned into a non-event in navan, just some tiny leftover clouds spilling the last bit of their white fluffy bounty. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Is the snow going to come to south Dublin. I can see it in the distance but nothing happening in d16

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Heavier snow here finally, and for the first time starting to stick, the temperature has dropped in the last hour which has helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

woooot? really, just up the road and just a dusting here and there! Well done!;)

First is from about 30 mins back. Second about 5 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ok. This is just downright unfair :( On the west(at least in clare) we pray, beg, do snow dances and the snow drifts right by our coast, yet in the East it piles up thick and fast in seconds:rolleyes:
    What are you talking about? The East (Dublin anyway) doesn't look as if it will be getting a single flake today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

What are you talking about? The East (Dublin anyway) doesn't look as if it will be getting a single flake today.

Erm, I've counted a fair few flakes in the past hour! :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Bucketing down here in Dub 11 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No Sign off any snow here yet despite MEs warnings
    Issued at 19 December 2010 - 10:08
    Severe Weather Update
    Further sleet and snow at times over the next 24 hours, mainly affecting the Southwest and northern & northwest Ulster.
    Widespread ice and further freezing fog patches tonight.
    The extreme low temperatures continuing until Christmas Day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Starting to snow in Dublin 8 a bit

. Not a drop of snow in my end of Lucan all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

D15 is dry and overcast, not a single flake of snow has fell here since the start if this spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Took a spin out to Dunleer an hour or so ago...the shower was impressive and slow moving (but gusty in parts) but any action is heading south as the wind veers more NE. Very surprised if we see anything more in Dundalk now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Limerick, will we EVER get some?! please?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pangea wrote: »
    No Sign off any snow here yet despite MEs warnings
    Issued at 19 December 2010 - 10:08
    Severe Weather Update
    Further sleet and snow at times over the next 24 hours, mainly affecting the Southwest and northern & northwest Ulster.
    Widespread ice and further freezing fog patches tonight.
    The extreme low temperatures continuing until Christmas Day

Theres showers building off the North coast now, only effecting NI yet but they seem to be on the way here. You're probably too far south though

• Advertisement

As irishdub14 and MGMTea pointed out, there is snow:
    irishdub14 wrote: »
    Erm, I've counted a fair few flakes in the past hour! :D:p
    MGMTea wrote: »
    Bucketing down here in Dub 11 :D

And I was kinda including the area up as far as Louth aswell;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement