Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Still nothing here. Bleedin' ghey

That was the date of the snow storm but models changed since them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it's supposed to be snowing now. nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

sunbabe08 wrote: »

Hopes are fading big time for more snow today.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

If a gust a wind blew in whats of the coast we'd get a grand bit of snow, I really want some more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Hopes are fading big time for more snow today.

I really hope no one actually wants more snow and cold conditions to continue lol. It's just horrible being stuck in not able to do anything. Absolutly sucked all the xmas feeling out of me now. Should be out watching people mad in the shops or having drinks with friends. Can't do any of that. Sooner it goes the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

sunbabe08 wrote: »

Most of the weather stations near Cork are showing winds are easterly ...
    That lump out off the coast is being blown away from us :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Macca3000 wrote: »
    I really hope no one actually wants more snow and cold conditions to continue lol. It's just horrible being stuck in not able to do anything. Absolutly sucked all the xmas feeling out of me now. Should be out watching people mad in the shops or having drinks with friends. Can't do any of that. Sooner it goes the better.
    Those of us who dont live in the arsehole of nowhere can continue to do those things, even when its cold and snowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭compsys

Stargate wrote: »
    Tuesday 21st is shortest day of the year .....;)

Yep, the shortest day is 21st but the shortest evening is actually 16th/17th I think and the darkest morning is 30 or 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Macca3000 wrote: »

I've got **** all shopping done. Apart from a couple of presents.

Kippure wrote: »
    Are you in a wheel chair, are you sick, are your legs broken....cold weather is no excuse not to do anything. Get out there and have a load of BEER or what ever makes you happy. If you lived in a cold county you,b be rightly screwed.:)

I'm in a wheelchair, and the snow/cold can be a bastard!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Something popping up to the west of the IOM.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

compsys wrote: »
    Yep, the shortest day is 21st but the shortest evening is actually 16th/17th I think and the darkest morning is 30 or 31st.

Hang on........

What?

Kippure wrote: »
    Of course it can , but we all have to carry on. This idea that when it snow,s every thing should shut down is ridicolous. I hope i didnt offend you, but you do see my point.

Eh some people can't get out in that kind of weather. Anyway, lets get back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Dyflin wrote: »
    Hang on........

What?

Compsys - I assume you are talking pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

I'm in a wheelchair, and the snow/cold can be a bastard!!! :mad:

We no:D...Look at the snow sock you should look into something similar to that for your wheels

carlmwan wrote: »
    We no:D...Look at the snow sock you should look into something similar to that for your wheels

Pity they dont make anything like that for wheelchairs

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Stargate wrote: »
    Most of the weather stations near Cork are showing winds are easterly ...
    That lump out off the coast is being blown away from us :eek:

Yea I thought the wind were easterly most of the day. I was afraid to say it in case I looked like a tool. I'd be surprised if anything came our way this evening/tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

there's been a post on this before, google snow wheels for wheelchair AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Going to have to reassess our gardening :(.....there are plants that would normally survive winters but not these temps....last years lows killed a load of stuff.

Pity they dont make anything like that for wheelchairs

I saw some were a while ago i forget where:rolleyes: But someone was a wheelchair user and she said she used snow tires when there was snow and used side guards to keep her clothes dry

• Advertisement

carlmwan wrote: »
    I saw some were a while ago i forget where:rolleyes: But someone was a wheelchair user and she said she used snow tires when there was snow and used side guards to keep her clothes dry

I've got the sideguards. Not the snow tyres though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

has been sweet feck all in leixlip, been completely out of the loop since friday, watching the news now and its nuts.

inabina wrote: »

Honestly, if you check any weather site that gives the daily sunrise and sunset times you'll see what I'm talking about. Yahoo! below is a good example.

You'll find that the latest sunrise in Dublin, for example, is something like 8.41am. That time isn't reached until 30th or 31st December.

The shortest day of the the year, when you into account sunrise and sunset, is of course 21st, but the earliest sunset and latest sunrise aren't both on that day.

http://weather.yahoo.com/ireland/dublin/dublin-560743/?unit=c

Also, read this: http://www.dlmcn.com/eqntime.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Showers on the Irish Sea pushing South, which is the wrong way...

Seriously, people in the EAST, just give up already, nothing is going to happen for most, except those within a few miles of the coast..

It's over, in the East cold will continue for nearly another week, of Sh*te boring dry weather for most...with the exception of people on the coasts.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Pretty heavy snow in Lusk earlier, certainly the most I've seen since the cold returned last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That was a lovely cycle, my fingers are freezing so much it hurts!

Anyway M.T.'s side gig are talking up a lot of snow in the south. south east later tonight & tomorrow at their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Weather-Online/175249952491394?v=wall

some stuff brewing in the Irish sea, hope there's enough in the wind to bring in to the Dublin coast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

inabina wrote: »

Nope, compsys is very wise;)
    Some info on it here
    http://earthsky.org/tonight/earliest-sunset-today-but-not-shortest-day
    EDIT: Beaten to it:p

See the streamer on the right side of IOM..Would hat hit dublin if it was to stay on course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Going to have to reassess our gardening :(.....there are plants that would normally survive winters but not these temps....last years lows killed a load of stuff.

And don't forget to feed the birds, never seen as many in my back garden, its a full time job feeding them but well worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement