Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

must be snowing in belfest is it,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

foxinsox wrote: »
    I'm no expert, but I'd say it means we are going to be attacked by colourful mountains coming in an easterly flow.

:D

CARLOW current temp. -5.7c not a single snowflake about

Post of the year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Screw it, look at the latest radar, nothing is happening out to sea, showers are stagnent...

It's over till much much later.....

Maybe even till enxt year for the east.

John.Icy wrote: »
    Screw it, look at the latest radar, nothing is happening out to sea, showers are stagnent...

really?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Non weather related question. Hung up a bird feeder thingy on the clothes line a few days ago - the birds haven't figured out it is there yet. How do I attract them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

John.Icy wrote: »

We'll hold you to that!;)

NoodleMc wrote: »
    Non weather related question. Hung up a bird feeder thingy on the clothes line a few days ago - the birds haven't figured out it is there yet. How do I attract them?

Squak a bit & flap your wings

dacogawa wrote: »

Sorry, I had to :)

Scatter some on the ground around it, they will find eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I'm no expert, but I'd say it means we are going to be attacked by colourful mountains coming in an easterly flow.

CARLOW current temp. -5.7c not a single snowflake about

Absolutely post of the year :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Sometimes the rubbing of the elbows in an orderly fashion attracts the birds for me! Worth a try:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

No snow all day in Kerry and a small thaw set in earlier, will we get snow tonight?

Same situation here in South Kerry, no fresh snowfalls since Friday night, a foot and a half of snow in some of the mountains though. What are the chances of snow tonight I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

chucken1 wrote: »
    Absolutely post of the year :D:D:D

Ah lads, it wasn't that good ;) I'm only being honest, that's what all those charts mean to me.. which is why I ask some silly questions in here.

Birdfeeder question :

The birds will find it when they are hungry..
    If there are cats around they might be just being careful..

CARLOW current temp. -6.3c

Has dropped from -5.7c since my last post :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ah lads, it wasn't that good ;) I'm only being honest, that's what all those charts mean to me.. which is why I ask some silly questions in here.

Birdfeeder question :

The birds will find it when they are hungry..
    If there are cats around they might be just being careful..

CARLOW current temp. -6.3c

Has dropped from -5.7c since my last post :eek:

Ahh it was a good one...take a bow :D

Im the same.Ive no idea whats goin on,but this the bestest thread ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

must be snowing in belfest is it,

We got about another centimetre here in South Belfast. It was heavy for about 10 mins but a light snow for another 20mins. I looked better on raintoday.co.uk than what it was in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭moonbug33

kerry-
    Had a very light snow flurry this evening, nothing special.

picking up a bit out in the Irish sea on the 19:00 http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Bray or Greystones to get a bit soon, maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

John.Icy wrote:
    Could you give me a lend of your crystal ball?!;)

Over the coming few days, I think that easterlies are bound to deliver along the east coast at some stage, albeit not in very large amounts. This has been shown on several occasions in the past. I won't be leaving the model analysis and satellite imagery too often this week!

Even if showers don't penetrate inland along the east coast, any showers could affect an awful lot of people. Over this christmas, whether I'm with my family for the holidays, in my house in Dublin or visiting friends or popping into college, I'll be within 5 miles of the coast. More importantly, so are the transport routes between these places:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think snow showers will come on to the Dublin, Meath, Wicklow coasts again later on. There is a trough pusing South from the North. Whilst winds are northerly further North they are due to remain Easterly south of Meath so they could be stirred onto the coast. Not likely to be heavy or prolonged but may leave a couple of cm's in some places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Even if showers don't penetrate inland along the east coast, any showers could affect an awful lot of people. Over this christmas, whether I'm with my family for the holidays, in my house in Dublin or visiting friends or popping into college, I'll be within 5 miles of the coast. More importantly, so are the transport routes between these places:o

Just a quick question, do you know if any streamers would affect the ferries between here and holyhead/liverpool? Anybody know if they did 2 weeks ago? My girlfriend is due over from Liverpool on thursday night but shes getting the ferry just to be safe side...or perhaps not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

I do a bit of that already! Just wouldn't want to do it outside where the neighbours could see me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Sorry, I had to :)

Scatter some on the ground around it, they will find eventually
    If that doesn't work try singing the birdie song. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

picking up a bit out in the Irish sea on the 19:00 http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Bray or Greystones to get a bit soon, maybe

Looking like the only chance in the short term alright - if that one doesn't hit the Wicklow coast, I'm giving up looking for the evening!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

met.ie seems to be down ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

working for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 banSHE

wonder what is the story with schools etc for this week??? will they be able to open due to weather and roads??? road conditions in Galway are terrible anyways:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Dunny! wrote: »
    working for me

cheers. I got it now too. Thanks.

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Just a quick question, do you know if any streamers would affect the ferries between here and holyhead/liverpool? Anybody know if they did 2 weeks ago? My girlfriend is due over from Liverpool on thursday night but shes getting the ferry just to be safe side...or perhaps not :confused:
    Keep tuned in to the forecasts, the showers won't make much difference, it will be the winds that primarily will count. I don't expect any problems myself currently but I haven't done much looking into wind forecasts before.

Check http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp for a better idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

People in the East coast..those showers aren't moving at all....

Secondly, there are no streamers out to sea, there god damn showers....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement