Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad: Damm it them blobs are so slow to reach the heart of kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

mothel wrote: »
    Huh? I'm in Old Bawn and I can see the moon still????

im up kiltipper hill and have a view of moutains up to the gap, heavy cloud coming over and a cm on the ground and still falling slowly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

oaky, i am reading everything with a bad feeling.

my bro's flight from london was cancelled yesterday and the earlist flight he can get is tuesday - everyone is talking about snow in dublin for tuesday.

he should have listened to me when i told him to get the ferry but to make it worse, i have to get him out to the folks in bray who appear to be snowed in going my mother's hysterical posts on facebook.

she will lose her reason if wonderful son cant make it home :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

trogdor wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a problem chopping it down anyway, we only put it up yesterday:p outdoor lights aren't working yet though unfortunately..
    Still snowing away here, a good bit heavier again now:)

Grand - ill have - & while your at it will you go to Smyths & get Spongebob lego - santy almost forgot !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

foxinsox wrote: »
    * puts wellies on over pyjamas *

BF: "where the hell are you going?"

ME: "Oakpark"

BF: "In your feckin pj's and wellies"

ME: "eh yeah"

BF: "well at least put on your coat! why are you going?"

ME: "eh cos a man on the internez told me to" :o

BF: "muppet! see ya!"

* heads off on five mile hike to oakpark *

:D

Sorry, forgot to mention the coat! Oh bring a cup of coffee too will ya and throw it in the air to see if it freezes. Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

millymoo wrote: »
    It's -5.6 here. Whats the best temps for snow if there is snowy clouds!:D

-273.15c

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

irishbird wrote: »

my bro's flight from london was cancelled yesterday and the earlist flight he can get is tuesday - everyone is talking about snow in dublin for tuesday.

he should have listened to me when i told him to get the ferry but to make it worse, i have to get him out to the folks in bray who appear to be snowed in going my mother's hysterical posts on facebook.

she will lose her reason if wonderful son cant make it home :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i explained earlier i got home from london today, was over for chelsea man u game. Was due to fly outta heathrow, went to victoria at 8am, got train to holyhead with 1 or 2 transfers and landed in dublin after 5pm, it can be done using your brain.

irishbird wrote: »

Significant other is on way from Holyhead - Heathrow must have sent everyone via Victoria station to the ferry as he said was mentalwith foot passengers. So book a ferry & a rail ticket & get him that way... Then he only needs to jump on dart from dunlaoghaire to Bray & can walk home to mama...... Nah we have about 3cm - nothing like we had last week

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Great thanks. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Rougies wrote: »
    :D

Sorry, forgot to mention the coat! Oh bring a cup of coffee too will ya and throw it in the air to see if it freezes. Thanks. :)

sure..

no problemo..

should I wear a t-shirt to check temperature? ;)

lol...

I won't even get off sofa to look out window, just in case ninja snow comes to Carlow..

TULLOW current temp. -5.7c

• Advertisement

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    -273.15c

Absolutely! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

-5 in Newcastle West and not a puff of air outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

I'm looking at grey clouds here all day in Cork and still no snow, what are our chances?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

its fierce slow moving alright, it is coming though, 2-3 hours maybe??

i explained earlier i got home from london today, was over for chelsea man u game. Was due to fly outta heathrow, went to victoria at 8am, got train to holyhead with 1 or 2 transfers and landed in dublin after 5pm, it can be done using your brain.

He also said cars were having probs slipping & sliding at holyhead... & the volume of foot passengers on the last ferry there was ridiculous .... But as he said himself he would have gladly picked up anyone stuck & taken them as a vehicle passenger ..... anyone planning a car trip back should keep that as an open option to help another person who may be stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

Dear Santa/Snow Gods,

Please bring loads and loads of snow to Dublin tonight.

I will open my curtains at 6 no 3am and hope to see a blanket of the fluffy white stuff!!!

Please :):):):):):)

Great thanks. :confused:

Dont worry, that sort of temp should be recorded in your area in the next 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I know what you mean, its been spinning on the coast for 24 hours now and doesnt look like it will progress inland, frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

There are so many kids on our road willing snow to arrive in buckets so they get off school, probably for Christmas if it stays for the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

when it gets in hopefully it will bucket it down.

• Advertisement

Absolutely! :o

An absolute zero to hero joke there... sorry:o

foxinsox wrote: »
    sure..

no problemo..

should I wear a t-shirt to check temperature? ;)

lol...

I won't even get off sofa to look out window, just in case ninja snow comes to Carlow..

TULLOW current temp. -5.7c

haha, yeah might as well cover all bases, make sure you don;t spill any coffee on youself though. I "forgot" to mention the coat, but your BF is probably right, have it in the rucksack just in case.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well, the idiot brother isnt known for using his head :rolleyes:

I am optimistic that us west dubliners will finally get a decent bit of snow later tonight.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

when it gets in hopefully it will bucket it down.
    Love your optimism, not so sure myself, roads might be better with fresh snow and the compacted snow is a nightmare on quieter roads. Had to push a rear wheel drive up a slight hill today and could barely stand up myself

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

There are so many kids on our road willing snow to arrive in buckets so they get off school, probably for Christmas if it stays for the week.

I'm hoping for the same myself! :o

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    An absolute zero to hero joke there... sorry:o

You wouldn;t believe what brand of vodka I'm drinking right now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Dear Santa/Snow Gods,

Please bring loads and loads of snow to Dublin tonight.

I will open my curtains at 6 no 3am and hope to see a blanket of the fluffy white stuff!!!

Please :):):):):):)

Please snow god/ess
    *snow dances* :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Is everyone on this forum apart from me a raving alcoholic?:confused:

• Advertisement

You wouldn;t believe what brand of vodka I'm drinking right now. :D

Tesco value?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement