Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

darkman2 wrote: »
    Is everyone on this forum apart from me a raving alcoholic?:confused:

sure what else are you going to do - the commitments and a bottle of baileys here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Eased off here now, just a few gentle light floating flakes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

irishbird wrote: »
    sure what else are you going to do - the commitments and a bottle of baileys here:D

63 christmas card orders to complete by Friday , 40 smokes & black coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Tesco value?

God no, that stuff freezes at −273.14. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

_whiskers wrote: »
    Please snow god/ess
    *snow dances* :pac:

Snow Dance!!!! (How does it go again???) Have you got the moves they used in 1982? Would love to wake up to that again :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

this is happens when there's a band of cloud off the south coast that refuses to move north east :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Its been a very frustrating(and dry) few days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

All this will it wont it will drive you to drink :confused:

Gives a bit of dutch courage for that snow dance all us Dubliners are gona have to get out and do :P lol

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Commitments and beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Yes!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Not me..

But I did open a box of Cadbury's Heroes earlier and ate them all :o

There really aren't very many in a box of chocolates..

They were supposed to be a present for a neighbour..

Ah well ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

fizzycyst wrote: »
    this is happens when there's a band of cloud off the south coast that refuses to move north east :D

Or a convergence zone off the east coast that refuses to move west. Or a a fecking polar vortex that's been spinning lows all around us for days and all we have is a thick frost.

-15.9 in castlederg atm, that IS cold :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

MT's update

There's some hope for us Dubliners today and tomorrow getting some sneachta!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Rougies wrote: »
    God no, that stuff freezes at −273.14. Useless.

Hard to tell if its for human consumption or for use while painting the house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yes, id give ya a ale but ive only 9 left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

precipitation starting to move away on latest radar image:
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    Can someone help me understand under what logic those showers are moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

looks like the only hope for us in the south is whats coming up from the sea in the south...
    its after moving quiet a bit in last 2 hours since it showed up on raintoday..

and all the time its tail is around the east of cork and swinging up in the right direction.:)

not an expert but i'm hoping as it swings up northwards , that slight easterly breeze will keep it at bay and leave it swing up twards the south coast ... whilst the easterly breeze keeps it nearer ireland and doesnt allow it to float over twards england..

ha , is there any chance of this happening ??

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Met is saying big thaw from xmas day is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

i explained earlier i got home from london today, was over for chelsea man u game. Was due to fly outta heathrow, went to victoria at 8am, got train to holyhead with 1 or 2 transfers and landed in dublin after 5pm, it can be done using your brain.

Hey there, I always thought Holyhead trains (via Crewe) went from Euston. See I did this in the old days :p before the snow, when we had no money at all because Aer Fungus and BA had it sown up.

Has it now moved to Victoria? Just in case I ever need to do that journey like. Thks.

• Advertisement

foxinsox wrote: »
    Not me..

But I did open a box of Cadbury's Heroes earlier and ate them all :o

There really aren't very many in a box of chocolates..

They were supposed to be a present for a neighbour..

Ah well ...

A big round tin of quality street is yer only man .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yeah, pretty much. Running out of Amstel here at the mo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Snow Dance!!!! (How does it go again???) Have you got the moves they used in 1982? Would love to wake up to that again :D:D:D:D:D

Unfortunatly no :( wasn't around for that! :( anyone else like to break out some moves from '82? Me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,600 ✭✭✭Speak Now

NIALL D wrote: »
    looks like the only hope for us in the south is whats coming up from the sea in the south...

and all the time its tail is around the east of cork and swinging up in the right direction.:)

not an expert but i'm hoping as it swings up northwards , that slight easterly breeze will keep it at bay and leave it swing up twards the south coast ... whilst the easterly breeze keeps it nearer ireland and doesnt allow it to float over twards england..

I'm afraid not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

NIALL D wrote: »

I am afraid it will do as it has for the last 24 hours and skirt with the coastline before dying out, the 3 hour precipitation forecast (http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp) on met eireann has exaggerated its northeasterly limit consistently so i wouldnt put money on it making that far unfortunately but you never know i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Heavy snow here - persistent graupel since about 6pm and now heavy snow - 2 inches of extra snow on the ground !!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

Unfortunatly no :( wasn't around for that! :( anyone else like to break out some moves from '82? Me too :D

I was there in the foothills of Tallaght for that one and it was AWESOME!!!! Don't remember the dance moves all the village folk used, all I remember is waking up to mountains of snow and having the best fun of my life :D We went into the back garden (stamp size) and got lost for hours, I may have even gone snow blind.

Oh they were the days :D:) Hope there are people out there dancing the '82 moves now (ah go on go on go on....:):):))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Jake1 wrote: »
    A big round tin of quality street is yer only man .

She's not a very nice neighbour! :p

I had great snowdance moves back in '82 they worked for about two weeks off school, think I was in 3rd year..

That snow was real snow :)

My body couldn't possibly perform such awesome moves at this stage in its' life.. :(

Tullow @ 23:00 hrs -6.4c

Carlow @ 23:00 hrs Oakpark not updates since 22:00hrs -6

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

I was there in the foothills of Tallaght for that one and it was AWESOME!!!! Don't remember the dance moves all the village folk used, all I remember is waking up to mountains of snow and having the best fun of my life :D We went into the back garden (stamp size) and got lost for hours, I may have even gone snow blind.

Oh they were the days :D:) Hope there are people out there dancing the '82 moves now (ah go on go on go on....:):):))

:( I want to be lost in snow! Come 2010 give us what we want! :D it will end the year in a high :)

• Advertisement

:( I want to be lost in snow! Come 2010 give us what we want! :D it will end the year in a high :)
    or 2011 could give us a great start with an absolute whiteout, either way, I would just love it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement