Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

wicklowdub wrote: »
    London should be relatively snow free for the next 3-4 days (according to the UKMO) buts its changeable.

Sky news and met office have a weather warning out for heavy snow in London and south east :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I'm not likely to have my water back before Christmas day am I?
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Sky news says showers will 'clip' eastern ireland later today! Yeah I'm not prone to paying attention to sky news weather when it comes to us but just thought I'd throw it out there.

On another note its colder than an eskimos testicles out there, don't see it getting above 0 for the day!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Irish Sea showers are edging there way ever so slowly west. I think system over souther UK is helping the push/general air flow.

-5.9c here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Irish Sea showers are edging there way ever so slowly west. I think system over souther UK is helping the push/general air flow.

-5.9c here atm.

Yeah with each radar refresh the move seems more organised, heres hoping anyway ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are we gonna get more snow out of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wexford1988

So does that mean we are in with a chance of snow in dis corner??!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

They are literally moving would say 10 mile an hour!

I reckon they will touch down in Skerries around 1045-1100 :eek:

If they don't break up.

They are literally moving would say 10 mile an hour!

I reckon they will touch down in Skerries around 1045-1100 :eek:

If they don't break up.

Would they hit anywhere else? Am in Dublin West.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Looks like that paddy power bet is in the bag.
    Dublin reporting -8 on the http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03969.html site which paddy power will take their information from :D Ive made yous all rich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

I've been looking at them out of my window over the last couple of hours , doesn't look like they are moving at all !

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

-7 in the car this morning, but I reckon it was colder. Ice formations on the car suggested it. It wasnt a thick ice, as there wasnt much dampness to freeze, but its formation and design looked like it was a severe drop at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Looks like that paddy power bet is in the bag

A BIG thanks to MT ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

the thing out in the irish sea looks like its breaking up as it gets near land, dont think we'll get much out of them

the thing out in the irish sea looks like its breaking up as it gets near land, dont think we'll get much out of them

Ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

shower just hit, moderate snow (dalkey). I've been spoilt these past two days, everything white outside. Long live slack easterlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Still -8c at Dublin Airport at 930am, Madness.

GFS increases snow risk tomorrow morning in southeast and east upto Dublin along the coast.

Perhaps we might get an upgrade and some flakes.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The clouds are definitely getting that bit nearer slowly... I use a pretty scientific system that may be a bit technical for those less familiar with the science behind weather but in a nutshell it involves standing at my backdoor in a specific spot and checking the alignment of clouds to the east versus a neighbours roof - as they move past the roof-line, I know they are getting nearer - over the last hour they have moved past the roof-line! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :P

haha ok then, how does this sound, that massive looking cloud out in the irish sea is gaining speed and has the east coast in its sight, i'd say at least 10 foot of snow is going to fall. ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Have the snow protector on over Dublin this week.

Its the one week we dont need snow with so many people travelling to see family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

woahhh heavy snow now (dalkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

went out to defrost my car to do the school run, came back in to get the kids wrapped up, got back to the car and it had totally froze over again:eek:
    -7.5 accordin to car, but it felt alot colder:eek:

looking at raintoday radar and it looks like there is some 'blobs' out in the irish sea (i can see the clouds from my kitchen window) will they bring anything to me???? PLEASE SAY YES:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Just checked some packages that are in transit to me (xmas presents!) via UPS. I was all worried about them getting out of Britain, and then Cologne, but there was no problems there. Then it arrives here, and...

"20 Dec 2010 09:19:00 AM DUBLIN IE Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster
    20 Dec 2010 05:31:00 AM DUBLIN IE Arrived at destination country"

Ummm...wut?! There's been no more snow here in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

amazing temps across the country today

-5 in east clare at the mo,

Think we can forget about snow folks, looks like its going to be clear skies for the week ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

LookingFor wrote: »
    Just checked some packages that are in transit to me (xmas presents!) via UPS. I was all worried about them getting out of Britain, and then Cologne, but there was no problems there. Then it arrives here, and...

"20 Dec 2010 09:19:00 AM DUBLIN IE Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster
    20 Dec 2010 05:31:00 AM DUBLIN IE Arrived at destination country"

Ummm...wut?! There's been no more snow here in Dublin.

Maybe there was a natural disaster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Travelled Dublin to West Limerick last night.

Approx -5 deg C leaving Dublin, dropping to -9 deg C in the midlands with patches of dense fog.

Out and about earlier this morning in West Limerick its sunny with temperaures between -8 deg C and -10 deg C.

Icy and snowy roads in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Thunder starting.... thunder snow perhaps to come!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

An almighty blast of thunder just blasted through Dun Laoghaire from that nasty looking cloud bank just off the coast. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Yeh , was it thunder , wasn't sure ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Massivee clap of thunder in portmarnock !! Maybe a sign of snow!!:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement