Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Howth getting hammered atm. Meanwhile slightly further North Malahide, Swords, Portmarnock areas may just miss out. Looks like Dublin City will get some but don't expect showers to last long once hitting land.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Snow so heavy in Dublin Bay I can hear the fog horn going on the Bailey!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

It has to be the slowest moving cloud I have ever seen. Just as I say that another clap of thunder but no snow falling yet in Portarmock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

any chance of a decent thaw before christmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

wow just heard thunder all the way up here! i'm heading down to swords now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D:D:D oooh hoping we get something out of this in D15 area

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

does anyone know if that will cloud make it as far as ballyfermot????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sun shining here in Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

darkman2 wrote: »
    Howth getting hammered atm. Meanwhile slightly further North Malahide, Swords, Portmarnock areas may just miss out. Looks like Dublin City will get some but don't expect showers to last long once hitting land.

We'll just have to wait 2 hours for the stuff 10 miles to our north to come down:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

any chance of a decent thaw before christmas??

well christmas eve is when the mild weather sweeps in, but until then you must concentrate on the ice and snow and wish for more like the majority of people on here ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Sun shining here in Ballyfermot.
    i know im sitting here waiting for it and its just sitting there laughing at meicon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

well christmas eve is when the mild weather sweeps in, but until then you must concentrate on the ice and snow and wish for more like the majority of people on here ;)

Inches and inches of the stuff here since friday.. have had my share for the year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

still coming down thick in dalkey. Best snow shower since night of the 27th november

• Registered Users Posts: 32 4diarmuid

A first post on this thread to thank MT Cranium and all the contributors who give very helpful information. This has been invaluable in figuring out whether to move out or not in this type of weather.

Here in Glenageary Co Dublin, elevated district almost directly above Dun Laoghaire. Snowing here since 10.00 a.m. small to medium sized flakes but roofs are now covered again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Have to agree - slowest moving cloud ever! I have a giant lamp post as marker too! ;)

We'll just have to wait 2 hours for the stuff 10 miles to our north to come down:eek::D

Very tedious alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Ha I love the way when you hear the fog horns from the ships or whatever there coming from you can guarantee its going to snow within ten minutes...heard them earlier, could see the cloud heading our way and hey presto its snowing again!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

i've to drive from arklow to wicklow town then to blackrock dublin leaving here at 1130ish, does anybody know how bad the roads are in these areas???

thanks

patneve2 wrote: »
    still coming down thick in dalkey. Best snow shower since night of the 27th november

Looks like it is going to stick around there for a while too, congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Inches and inches of the stuff here since friday.. have had my share for the year :p

yeah same here, live in a hilly part of north meath and the roads in places are still in a mess since the snow 2 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Dun Laoghaire looks grim :)

http://www.dlharbour.ie/webcam/dlh1.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Ahh ffs
    Sitting here in the hills, on the Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow border looking at these awsome clouds. Doest look like it will reach me though.

Feel like I can reach out and just pull it over me like a blanket :(

Stop teasing me !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

i've to drive from arklow to wicklow town then to blackrock dublin leaving here at 1130ish, does anybody know how bad the roads are in these areas???

thanks

I think they are ok - I drove Wicklow Town --> Gorey --> Wicklow Town yesterday and then Wicklow Town --> Sandyford today @ 09:30. No issues.

Wicklow Town got a light dusting of graupel and some housing estates are very slippy (Wicklow Town is very hilly as you may know) but other than that - should have no trouble if you're taking it easy.

Cionád wrote: »

Wow, smashing it down there.

Visually it looks better here. Windward there is precipitation not too far but very slow progress. Getting there slowly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Slack flows are the best for us 'coastals':cool:

Some cracking frightning looking cb clouds over the entire view East of me (I can't see the sea from here but that direction)
    The wind is northerly though :(

One of the showers is so close,I can see the white spray of precip out of it but it's off shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

The east coast of Dublin (southside) seems to be getting hammered but further north not a suasage.

Darkman, what does it look like to your North?

Is Donabate/Portrane getting anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

jimmy.d wrote: »
    it looks goodhttp://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htmpress on nedbor on the site
    still looking good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement