Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mutor_CS

Plenty of small flakes falling in Leopardstown now, presumably Sandyford too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Good bit of snow falling in Killiney at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

does anyone think west dublin (clondalkin, dublin 22) is going to get any snow today?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Really coming down heavy in Dun Laoghaire for the last 30 minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Darkman, what does it look like to your North?

Is Donabate/Portrane getting anything?

I have very light snow now. Thicker cloud windward and snow and close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

been snowing for about an hour in dalkey, light/moderate for thirty minutes, now whiteout:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

darkman2 wrote: »
    I have very light snow now. Thicker cloud windward and close.

What are the bets i get stuck between the 2 until they die out:D

Think you will just get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice big flakes in Blackrock!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Snowing in Bray for the last hour but dying away now. We just got a yellow Tongue of cloud slowly drift over us as opposed to the higher intensity red stuff that rain today has stalled over Dun Laoghaire. Just a few miles too far south for some really intense stuff here in Bray it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

krrh wrote: »
    does anyone think west dublin (clondalkin, dublin 22) is going to get any snow today?

Dont think so, from where I am it seems to be moving down the coast, south :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Coming down heavy in Lusk now, any snow that I cleared from the driveway yesterday is completely covered again!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Beginning to cloud over now in Crumlin, Dublin 12....keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed that it's bringing some snow!!! :)

What are the bets i get stuck between the 2 until they die out:D

Think you will just get it.

You should'nt from my vantage point. They seem linked. Purest of flakes here now getting a bit heavier and larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

I think they are ok - I drove Wicklow Town --> Gorey --> Wicklow Town yesterday and then Wicklow Town --> Sandyford today @ 09:30. No issues.

Wicklow Town got a light dusting of graupel and some housing estates are very slippy (Wicklow Town is very hilly as you may know) but other than that - should have no trouble if you're taking it easy.

Thanks jabberwocky!!!!! dreading the thoughts of it:o but its important so really have to do it today:o do you think the best route into wicklow would be to turn off at the beehive pub????? i've to go to the lucena clinic at the top of the town so i've to go right tru the town (which i presume the roads are treated???)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

snowing very lightly in Portmarnock now but cloud looks menacing:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Mutor_CS wrote: »
    Plenty of small flakes falling in Leopardstown now, presumably Sandyford too.

Confirmed...

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Been chucking down here for the last 10 mins in Monkstown dublin.

DunLaoghaire is total whiteout according to Webcam!

Still ligfht in Malahide - settling everywhere with the ground so cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Thanks jabberwocky!!!!! dreading the thoughts of it:o but its important so really have to do it today:o do you think the best route into wicklow would be to turn off at the beehive pub????? i've to go to the lucena clinic at the top of the town so i've to go right tru the town (which i presume the roads are treated???)

That's the way I came [caveat] yesterday [/caveat]. Roads in the town are completely clear. You will have no worries there at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

coming down heavy in Blackrock. Any idea if this is gonna be around for a while? Really don't want to get stuck here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Heavy snow in south Dublin for last 20 min -1 degree

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Hmm, nothing here yet ,looked like the clouds were going to pass right by me there for a few minutes but it's darkening overhead now.I doubt we'll be under a heavy precip bit though , looks like that has gone more south

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Cionád wrote: »

How dare you, it looks marvellous!

Vis now down to about 200m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Really picking up momentum now in Stilorgan, thick and consistent snow now falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

will that snow miss d5 ?

In my experience,the only roads treated are the ones off the motorway.
    So approach wicklow from the exit off the m11,thats the first one after the beehive and go in that way via rathnew.
    Despite the sunshine it's still sub zero so roads even with no snow will be slippy if not treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

That's the way I came [caveat] yesterday [/caveat]. Roads in the town are completely clear. You will have no worries there at all.

thank you:) i see here its snowing in blackrock:eek: might give that run a miss:rolleyes: The wicklow appointment is more important!!!!

Strange DM2

The shower hitting Howth/ Sutton and S Dublin is backbuilding just to our east.

The one further north appears to be out of play for the time being.

Massive Thunder & Lightning right now.

How i wish i was in Howth, must be getting hammered!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

More thunder over Dublin Bay, complete white out in DL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement