Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

It's lighter, but still coming down in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sun seems to have buggered off here now - Ballyfermot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Snow in Dublin 2, light but loads of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Snow in Dublin 2, light but loads of it :D

Must be skipping templebar....

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

No snow in Dublin 1 near O'Connell Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Must be skipping templebar....

Obviously not a lover of overpriced drink ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Not even a flake in drumcondra (work), seems to be largely costal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Nothing in the City Centre where I am. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Heavier than ever now in D4, really coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Midnight Sky

No snow in Clondalkin. :mad:

Might not make it this far west....still freezing though.

Seems to be just along the coast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Sun is out here now but it's still snowing lightly from the back of the last cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

sky is clearing again in ballyfermot and we didnt get anythingicon8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

I think it is just coastal but the showers are very heavy and the Dublin coast is white...if the showers keep up there will be a few inches by the end of the day IMO.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wannababy2011

No snow in meath :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A brief respite here in DL, still can't see Howth across the bay and expect the heavy stuff to return within 15/20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

moderate snow now in Rathmines, D6

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

light dusting at merrion square, dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

showers appearing to be easing in the north irish sea, notice a change in direction of flow here to more easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Not looking so good for north leinster coast, shower activity is dying off both on radar and on satellite coverage. Might get going again later this evening however.

Edit: As WC pointed out, clouds are taking on a more easterly bearing so after that wind direction shift, there could be renewed shower activity later, but perhaps with the emphasis more at the northern half of Co. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bazzosh

has also stopped here in deansgrange!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

It's eased off now in Stillorgan with lighter snow falling a quick inspection of the back garden saw about 70 birds dart off :eek: I started feeding them apples we've stored from the autumn, two weeks ago you might have found a dozen or two birds in the back garden. If this weather keeps up my back garden is going to start looking like a Hitchcock film set. :D

Recent snow dumped a fresh carpet of approx. 2-3cms but I can see clouds starting to break.

Perfect I hope this keeps up - everyones happy a few small blankets of snow and the country isn't brought to a complete stand still, win win!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

snow here in dublin 16 has got lighter in the last 10 mins. I would say nothing to get too excited about thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hello snow you seductive stranger ;)

belting down in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Big fall underway here in D4. Big fluffy flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Heavy thick snow in UCD again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

light snow, dublin 2 but it seems to be sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That photo is ridiculously big, could you drastically shrink it for here or else put that in the weather pictures forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Not looking so good for north leinster coast, shower activity is dying off both on radar and on satellite coverage. Might get going again later this evening however.

Edit: As WC pointed out, clouds are taking on a more easterly bearing so after that wind direction shift, there could be renewed shower activity later, but perhaps with the emphasis more at the northern half of Co. Dublin.

Me likey...:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The radars and charts certainly didn't pick up on the precip to be so intense or move so far inland tbh. Nice surprise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Snowing away in dundrum again....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement