Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

No snow in Temple Bar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

shower number two on the way in dalkey, moderate snow again. A good 2.5 inches (6.5cm) of fresh snow on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

John.Icy wrote: »
    Screw it, look at the latest radar, nothing is happening out to sea, showers are stagnent...

It's over till much much later.....

Maybe even till enxt year for the east.

dacogawa wrote: »
    We'll hold you to that!;)

Where's John.Icy ? :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

dacogawa wrote: »
    Where's John.Icy ? :D:D:D:D

He gave up till next year I heard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

ah jasus this is crap....
    still notning in the south.. an inch fell in the last cold spell, that was it.
    it is some sickner , an now bloody dublin are gettin snow again.

was lookin good for the south tomorrow , but now met have changed their minds again and now we'r gettin nothing tomorrow..

this ****ty cold spell was way overrated snow wise, i know the north got loads ,after all the talk of all that snow we were supposed to get last thursday friday sathurday sunday and now today , and still not a thing...
    models are a waste of time in these situations...better off not trusting forcasts , an jus let what happens , happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

snowin heavy in dalkey again, i think the radars missing it all, met eireann isnt showing this stuff over dalkey, im no weather man but maybe clouds turning to snow as it hits land??

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

sunshine in North Dublin City Centre-seems to have fallen heavily on the southside of the city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

No snow in cork. clear skies.

boo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Nice lovely blue sky in Damastown. I don't complain. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

NIALL D wrote: »

All the money, all the snow. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

NIALL D wrote: »

was lookin good for the south tomorrow , but now met have changed their minds again and now we'r gettin nothing tomorrow..

this ****ty cold spell was way overrated snow wise, i know the north got loads ,after all the talk of all that snow we were supposed to get last thursday friday sathurday sunday and now today , and still not a thing...
    models are a waste of time in these situations...better off not trusting forcasts , an jus let what happens , happens
    Bloody Dublin eh?!;) I know it's fun to get the boot in at the Big Smoke but there are other's I'd begrudge for snow first. Like ALL of Ulster and northern Connacht. It's only parts of Dublin that have seen more than an inch anyway. Up here in Louth has seen much more than most of Dublin too, so I'm happy enough. Still nothing in comparison to 2 weeks ago however.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Looks like it will be snowing again in Malahide area very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'd like to reiterate that Temple Bar has No snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The sky is beginning to clear in Dublin 2. We had a dusting which lasted 20 mins. Nothing to write home about despite some people's enthusiasm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

darkman2 wrote: »
    Looks like it will be snowing again in Malahide area very soon.

With abit of luck, i see it edging in from the ENE

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

It is so localised. In portmarnock there is about a centimetre while a few kilometres up the road (about 3 k) in Baldoyle/Sutton there us about 4 or 5 cm and 3 cm of that fell in the last hour while only a few flakes fell in Portmarnock!! Crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

as jealous as i am of ye dubs, i'm delighted for ye too. everyone deserves snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    It is so localised. In portmarnock there is about a centimetre while a few kilometres up the road (about 3 k) in Baldoyle/Sutton there us about 4 or 5 cm and 3 cm of that fell in the last hour while only a few flakes fell in Portmarnock!! Crazy stuff.

While here in Dublin 11 we haven't had anything at all, sunny here, we seem to be in a gap, with snow to my north and south. I'd say we've had 1mm total since last week.

Unless these streamers get more intense the snow is going to stay on the coastal areas of North Dublin although it is pushing into inland areas of South Dublin...streamers there seem slightly bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Snowing away at UCD, hopefully it'll keep up and cancel my exams tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Not looking so good for north leinster coast, shower activity is dying off both on radar and on satellite coverage. Might get going again later this evening however.

Edit: As WC pointed out, clouds are taking on a more easterly bearing so after that wind direction shift, there could be renewed shower activity later, but perhaps with the emphasis more at the northern half of Co. Dublin.

Hi there, I see you are in Louth too..

Probably a stupid question but what factors cause the showers to hit North Dublin and not further North for example? Always intrigued as to how you guys can call pretty specific areas getting hit. I assume it's down to the wind direction but I would have thought an Easterly wind would expose the whole East coast to some risk. I have a very basic knowledge as regards the colder air coming across the warmer Irish sea and 'picking up' precipataion before depositing it on the leeward shores.

Any good places to read about these effects by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Hey, did you eat that hat you said you'd eat if Dublin got snow?;):p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It is depressing how these radar blobs are evaporating just at the coast. No chance of any of this activity pushing further in land over the day? :|

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

With abit of luck, i see it edging in from the ENE

More development in the Irish Sea aswell. Don't think the snow is done for the day though it's likely to be frustrating for some just inland. Anyway yeah deffo looks like snow here in the next 15 or 20 minutes. Should be a bit heavier then the last one by my visual observation. Maybe another cm or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

And a few kilometres towards the city centre there is 0cms, a few kilometres further on past the south of the city it's back to 4 or 5cm. Very localised.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

if the winds are supposed to coming from the east , then why is all the precip to the south heading straight twards the west of england........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Tactical wrote: »

Just about to tuck in.

FC04-3653.jpg?size=l

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Jello wrote: »
    Snowing away at UCD, hopefully it'll keep up and cancel my exams tomorrow :)

Im literally a 5 min walk from UCD and not snowing here at the moment!! So weird!!! There was a bit a while ago but only for 2 or 3 mins at a time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I'd like to reiterate that Temple Bar has No snow.

See the shifty looking guy standing outside The Boxty House....he got loads of snow...at the right price of course!;)

• Advertisement

Tactical wrote: »

you mean if Cork got snow??? I haven't although I think I might as you did get over the 2 cm's I predicted but just about...hope you enjoyed it though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement