Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

nice activity in the irish sea, can see massive cb clouds everywhere, interesting day! Have to laugh looking at the GFS precipitation chart, shows 0mm and we got 2.5-3 inches of snow here (dalkey)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Snowing here for the last hour - still snowing now but sunny as well!

0.3c atm

ahhhh it usually starts here 20 mins after your report and nothing yet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

darkman2 wrote: »
    Coming down thick and fast near Malahide. Big flakes. 2cm's now I estimate.

Just got a few flakes out of it here, dying out but there is another pulse headed for you, just too far south here.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

It must be snowing at Dublin airport so as there are only a few flakes falling in Portmarnock..very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Very very light snow in Dun Laoghaire now. Went out to clear some of the paths (I've had enough of compacted snow!) and take a few photos. I checked - just about 2 inches of snow is on the ground :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Sunny as can be in drumcondra, looks like a summers day out (ignoring the temps)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Nothing in wexford we might get lucky later. Wexford town isn't in the best spot for streamers i don't think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Only a few flakes at Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That front in the Irish sea is building on the 12:45 radar :)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Bit of radar action on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ looks like something might work its way close to Wicklow Town - although if recent history has taught me anything it's that an invisible forcefield will divert or dissipate it at the last minute :p

• Advertisement

This seems to be a coastal event - usually the heaviest of the snow is just inside the direct coastline of Dublin but not this time. unless the wind picks up a bit or the streamers get bigger this is the way it is going to remain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snowing away here and another blast of heavy snow about to hit. Temperature appears to have risen judging by some wet roof tops but settling easily on the roads and grass. Sun still out btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Snowing away here and another blast of heavy snow about to hit. Temperature appears to have risen judging by some wet roof tops but settling easily on the roads and grass. Sun still out btw!

where is here????????????:confused::confused:

Broadmeadow estuary - the actual estruary is covered in snow. The estuary has been frozen for a few days. Anyone online from Malahide area with a camera by any chance. Looks amazing. Never seen it like that before. Still snowing.

Here is just outside Malahide on the Swords side.

I am just down the road from you in Portmarnock and there has only been a few flurries in the past hour. Just shows you how localised it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

The low winter sun cutting in under the showers sounds great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Broadmeadow estuary - the actual estruary is covered in snow. The estuary has been frozen for a few days. Anyone online from Malahide area with a camera by any chance. Looks amazing. Never seen it like that before. Still snowing.

Here is just outside Malahide on the Swords side.
    Thanks for the updates darkman.

I stopped the car yesterday and gave out to some old man yesterday who was dumping a black bin liner in the river just as you take the left to head up the road to fingallians (coming around the estuary from malahide). what a disgusting pig, stuff like that makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

light snow falling here with blue sky:)

Sun finally going in. That was maginificant to see. Snow still going. Sky getting dark. Heavy snow now. The estuary looks amazing - if only I had a functional camera.

Very heavy now - enormous flakes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The cloud extending over north county Dublin looks very impressive

http://www.dlharbour.ie/webcam/dlh1.php

• Advertisement

snowing a bit heavier in Portmarnock but I think we are getting the tail end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sun finally going in. That was maginificant to see. Snow still going. Sky getting dark. Heavy snow now.

Where's "here"? Sun out now in Ballyfermot, blue sky with puffy white clouds. I think we're going to have to wait till tonight/tomorrow if anything is to come this way......?

Sun snow continues here, the sun part means it is just sticking to the frozen parts!

Actually moderate in intensity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Temperatures along the East Coast seem to be varied between 0°C to +3°C. Mid-day sun maybe? It might be uber ambitious to hope for any snow where I am as it seems to be around 2°C or even 3°C. with dewpoint just about half a degree below zero. Hope I'm wrong.

Sun finally going in. That was maginificant to see. Snow still going. Sky getting dark. Heavy snow now. The estuary looks amazing - if only I had a functional camera.

Very heavy now - enourmous flakes.

Might have to go have a look at it!

Still going - very grey sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Very fine flakes falling in D15, :)sun shining

snowing quite heavily now in Portmarnock, Co Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'll be passing the estuary in about an hour. Hopefully the snow will still be lying on the ice and I'll take a few pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

hi,its so cold here when i went outside to refill bird bath with warm water & melt the water in it a robin went for a dip & is actually frozen in the bath!,its beak is moving but does anyone know how do I break the Ice without harming the bird?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement