Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Is there a chance of a streamer making its way to meath tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ah the popcorn hail and flakes now.

It almost looks tasty in the brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

heavy snow here in DCU for past 10 minutes!!
    140136.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

carlmwan wrote: »
    Is there a chance of a streamer making its way to meath tonight?

no winds are to light

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

This is great - piling up and more to come on radar. Dieing out very fast only a km or 2 inland from here though.

These flakes are huge and coming down fast. Must be over 4cm's now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

We had a flurry in Blanch earlier but it has stopped now and it is sunny again. Half of me wants it to bucket down. the other half doesn't:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

estuary.jpg

Heres a pic of estuary in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

Heavy and sticking here in Santry!

Yeeehaaa :D

Cannot understansd why anyone would be happy that it is snowing .....look at all the problems it is causing, people getting stranded, car accidents etc etc

percy100 wrote: »
    estuary.jpg

Heres a pic of estuary in swords

N1 though my view is even more spectacular. Never seen it like this before. I have seen some ice on it but never completely iced.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Still nothing in Crumlin, Dublin 12 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

PCKN wrote: »
    Cannot understansd why anyone would be happy that it is snowing .....look at all the problems it is causing, people getting stranded, car accidents etc etc

You've come to the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

darkman2 wrote: »
    This is great - piling up and more to come on radar. Dieing out very fast only a km or 2 inland from here though.

These flakes are huge and coming down fast. Must be over 4cm's now.

Coming down here now, i am looking at the radar and am i being too optimistic or is there potential for that massive slab out to our ENE to come this way?

By the way a covering here now. 1cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

glossy wrote: »
    :D thats made my day now!!!

must say its starting to get dark out now

I hate to kill your day now but those streamers are not very likely to reach D15. That's what I meant by saying it's dumping everything on the coast. Right on the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

TskTsk wrote: »
    You've come to the wrong place.

DITO!

Just started in the City center

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Heavy fall here in dcu :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

You wasted your first boards post with a comment like that in a snow thread... oh deary deary me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Winger_PL wrote: »
    I hate to kill your day now but those streamers are not very likely to reach D15. That's what I meant by saying it's dumping everything on the coast. Right on the coast.

:(:(:(:(
    thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mini_brian

Stopped again in Blackrock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

not another one.
    nothing we can do about the weather , only enjoy it ... an people enjoy snow..

Coming down here now, i am looking at the radar and am i being too optimistic or is there potential for that massive slab out to our ENE to come this way?

By the way a covering here now. 1cm.

Still going strong here. And still acumulating nicely. Big heavy steady fall of flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

i wouldnt regard myself being right on the coast&yet its snowing heavy here&further in at the airport so glossy still might see something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Light snow in Dublin CC

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭squonk

Cionád wrote: »

You're in the Computer Applications building are you? Looks like L201 but I could be wrong! The scene of many an episode of my mis-spent youth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Not a breath of wind here in Ballyfermot. No snow....Bright blue sky though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Power just back after being out for the last 45 mins here, completely clear ckies here now, 0.8C

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

delw wrote: »
    i wouldnt regard myself being right on the coast&yet its snowing heavy here&further in at the airport so glossy still might see something

D17 & the likes is what I would consider to be close to the coast. D15 / Blanchardstown etc are further away though. I'm not saying it will definitely now snow there but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Well, we're after having snow in south Meath here.

Didn't amount to a lot though and didnt show on the ME radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Blizzard conditions in Portmarnock..:D:D:D:D -- a few centimetres have fallen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement