Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

What's the latest update, are we getting snow or not.

An hour is a long time on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

BFassassin wrote: »
    Had a quick flurry earlier too.

eww TMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

What models are the best to follow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

Snow shower in Strabane:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Mm .. I just read MT's forecast from this morning (thanks Donal and Gbee) and I'm not seeing the results up here in the Northwest. We've had a few very brief flurries but that's been it. It's going from blue to grey skies than back to blue at the minute. I'm just hoping it is coming in slower than MT predicted rather than missing us altogether. Any thoughts?

Still hopeful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Belting snow in Dublin

I think you are mistaken :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Sexy Ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

What's up? What's the panic? Is the snow called off? Cancelled? What's going on?

What Does MT Cranium say?

Nothing. There isn't one. No. No. Nothing that wasn't forecast.

Same thing he has been saying, Snow on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

All of them. One can then arrive at a consensus [or not!!!]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Mm .. I just read MT's forecast from this morning (thanks Donal and Gbee) and I'm not seeing the results up here in the Northwest. We've had a few very brief flurries but that's been it. It's going from blue to grey skies than back to blue at the minute. I'm just hoping it is coming in slower than MT predicted rather than missing us altogether. Any thoughts?

The nature of snow showers if that you get periods of snow, then periods of clear weather, then periods of snow etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Heavy snow in Athlone for the last 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Temperature 3.5 °C Dew Point 1.4 °C Windchill 3.5 °C Humidity 86%
    Rain has now changed to sleet/snow in Kilcullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

are you very close to the coast?

sleeting in Carlow town with squally showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Barca where do you see snow is on the way, the graphs the lads has shown doesnt say that

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Wibbler wrote: »
    I think you are mistaken :-)

He's talking about Dublin Ohio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Current conditions in Maynooth:

Temp: 3.9c (was 7.1c this morning at 9am)

Wind: 8 km/h

Humidity: 81%

Pressure: 1012 hPa

Wind Chill: 1c

Cloud cover, no precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Sure Blanchardstown is Dublin and 2 reports of it there so far? Husband works in super value and he said the way people are buying today you would swear they were closing until Christmas!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Sun still shining out of my arse here in Mayo. I think the man who told us we will be snowed in next week will be lying low for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Sun still shining out of my arse here in Mayo. I think the man who told us we will be snowed in next week will be lying low for a while.

So because the sun if shining at two o'clock in the afternoon on Thursday you cannot possibly get snow by next week. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

you should have a different view come 5pm this evening:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

eloquently put.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

It obviously way too early for people to be suggesting that this is a non event. The cold front hasn't even come down the country from what I see and MET/MT always suggested that the weekend would be when we would really see some action in most parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Wooooo sleet here in athboy now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Blasphemy and dissention amongst the ranks :eek:

Don't think we'll be snowed in but think we will see some snow fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it's only thursday. now enough of this negative talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

anyway of ignoring some people on this thread really doing my head in:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Barca where do you see snow is on the way, the graphs the lads has shown doesnt say that

What graphs? Snow has been forecast for the last two weeks now it is still the same, The latest GFS was a bit of a downgrade but that was one run and it still showed snow, Just because it isn't snowing the second the cold spell starts doesn't mean it won't.

Some people have terrible attitudes on here with regards to the effort some people put it in here with comments like "so much for that cold spell" "its raining here logging off" even though it was forecast to be raining. Read through the threads and try come to your own opinions instead of bombarding the threads with useless and annoying posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Belting snow in Dublin

Looks out his window - nope, I did see what looked like streamers coming in, still no snow.

I may get banned for the following but it will have been worthwhile... (sorry mods)

Do we really need an omg it's always about Dublin followed by :rolleyes: every 10 posts?

How the hell can you take something like THE WEATHER???!!! and turn it into "Oh the Dubs think they are sooooooooooo much better with all their snow talk" :confused:

Is this 1600 or 2010?

Cop on please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Met Eireann at 1PM issued a new alert for snow with a lot of snow expected to fall over the country tomorrow.

Weather Warning
    Issued at 16 December 2010 - 11:19

Update on Severe Weather

Very cold wintry weather will start today and will continue into next week with ice by day and by night.
    Snow showers developing this afternoon and continuing tonight and Friday morning. These falling mainly over Ulster and Connacht initially, but some showers will reach parts of west Munster, the Midlands and north Leinster later.
    Total accumulations up to Friday lunchtime
    5 to 10 cm over Ulster, and Connacht, worst on high ground, with possibly some drifting, but totals of 2-5 cm elsewhere.

A second more significant snow event is expected to occur during Friday afternoon, Friday night and for a time on Saturday. A band of heavy snow is expected to spread across the country from the west and northwest.
    Further totals of 10-15cm possible, with all areas at risk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement