Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It's not so much fun when only really your own area is like inside the artic circle with 5 cm's of snow on top of a frozen estuary and everywhere else too when most other places have nothing. Still going here bytw but a small gap coming. Sun is milkey through the clouds. A wonderful artic wonderland scene.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

trogdor wrote: »
    Power just back after being out for the last 45 mins here, completely clear ckies here now, 0.8C

Same here. Power was off?

-0.6c atm and cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

squonk wrote: »
    You're in the Computer Applications building are you? Looks like L201 but I could be wrong! The scene of many an episode of my mis-spent youth!!!

Yeah, you're right. I think the room is L2.21 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Big fluffy flakes now in Glasnevin but not that heavy - from where I am looks like Finglas is getting some decent falls now.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Winger_PL wrote: »
    D17 & the likes is what I would consider to be close to the coast. D15 / Blanchardstown etc are further away though. I'm not saying it will definitely now snow there but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

let yers know if anything happens, but we had a few flakes, south of me is white clouds and blue skys north is black which hard to say is it coming closer (holds thumbs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Coming down heavy enough in D3 end of Drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Same here. Power was off?

-0.6c atm and cloudy.

Took out bray, greystones and a fair bit of north wicklow i think. Also parts of balinteer at least were out too, parts of the dart line and luas green line were out too. Think it's all back on now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭squonk

Cionád wrote: »
    Yeah, you're right. I think the room is L2.21 though...

Ah yeah, they built on a whole new annex there just after I left so I suppose they changed the room numbers as well!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Clouding over again in Dublin 12....hope this time it's not just teasing!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

trogdor wrote: »
    Took out bray, greystones and a fair bit of north wicklow i think. Also parts of balinteer at least were out too, parts of the dart line and luas green line were out too. Think it's all back on now though.

A snowflake must have found a weak spot in the national grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Died down here.

But radar shows another decent shower should arrive in area soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

light snowfall here in Dublin 8

:D:D:D

you wont belive it its just belted down there for a few seconds, place is pure white almost, say looks like more to come ( i wish, i wish, i wish):D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

LID wrote: »
    Clouding over again in Dublin 12....hope this time it's not just teasing!! :rolleyes:

It's not teasing :D ... waiiit for it

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

glossy wrote: »

you wont belive it its just belted down there for a few seconds, place is pure white almost, say looks like more to come ( i wish, i wish, i wish):D

Whereabouts was that? I'm in Ballycoolin and only saw a flurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Most of the forecasts point to snow for us either tonight or tomorrow, I just don't see it happening, and let's hope that the mild thing forecast for the weekend doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Irish sea is starting to work it's magic, also not to appear too transfixed with the pale snow heading for the innisowen penninsula shorty ?? :eek: have ye not got enought up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Died down here.

But radar shows another decent shower should arrive in area soon.

Nice shot showing the showers you are getting on the east coast :D

http://saturn.unibe.ch/rsbern/noaa/dw/realtime/current/n1bcurr.jpg

Stargate

Juppie wrote: »
    Whereabouts was that? I'm in Ballycoolin and only saw a flurry!

near euros€€r area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Radar paints interesting picture for the Dublin region over the next couple of hours, very good echoes presenting themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jjspine

smallest bit of snow in dublin 12 happy days !!!

ps loving this thread guys keep up the good work !!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

usually these streamers deliver here but nothing yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mini_brian

Radar paints interesting picture for the Dublin region over the next couple of hours, very good echoes presenting themselves.

What do you mean by Echoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Does that stretch as far as Meath? Need to be able to get home this evening from Blanch!

nothing anymore, as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

glossy wrote: »

It could'nt be white if it just belted down for a few seconds!!! C'mon - it must have snowed for a few minutes more like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Light snow flurry in Ballyfermot now. Doesnt seem to be sticking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Still snowing lightly. Just in a small gap. More shower cloud windward.

Beautiful and white outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

But none of these will go further than the coast? Ie Lucan Way?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement