Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

My sister's flight home from London is cancelled tonight! :(

But...

I got some snow this morning! :D

Every cloud eh?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

looks like it is about to start again in Merrion Square

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

glossy wrote: »
    :D:D:D

you wont belive it its just belted down there for a few seconds, place is pure white almost, say looks like more to come ( i wish, i wish, i wish):D

Yeah, very weird. Flakes in the air at the moment. No sign of it on the radar though. Saw the passing heavier stuff too, but again, according to the radar nothing's reached here.

Hmm. Gives me a little more hope for the rest of the stuff in the irish sea coming further inland though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

But none of these will go further than the coast? Ie Lucan Way?

Developing situation maybe ? Up til now they havn't been even getting to the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The radar is cooking up nicely in the Irish sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Not wrote: »
    Developing situation maybe ? Up til now they havn't been even getting to the coast.

What coast are you on ? had a few cm in D4 already around 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

dacogawa wrote: »
    What coast are you on ? had a few cm in D4 already around 12

I'm not (on a coast). I was just making an observation. I'm in Meath at the moment, inland of Rathoath and already had a snow shower here about 40 minutes ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Light snow here again. Things still look promising on radar for Dublin, Meath and later Louth I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Gorgeous huge white fluffy clouds tinged with pink just sitting on the coast and not going anywhere......yet!!!!Not a flake here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Heavy in Sutton again, adding to an inch or so that fell this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

very light snow here for the last 20 or so mins im just beside tescos in clare hall. d17/13 area

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Started snowing here again.

Looking at the radar, some people will be doing the SNOW dance later :D:D

ahem,, nowing lightly in my end of Lucan now.

also sun shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

You have got to laugh, there was no live update on the rte website all during the current cold spell. Dublin gets some snow and bamm it has started one. National news service my arse :)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1220/weather.html

Enjoy your snow in Dublin by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Whilst cloud movement was coming from the ENE before, there is a disinct NE/NNE movement to them here (Dalkey)...change of upper wind direction or just a localized phenomenon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Huge bank of Cbs out to my east, lot of pileus and cotton wool bubbles on top, so definite development...now if only we could get a bit of a breeze going.

REALLY pretty light snow in D15 now. No idea where it's coming from since radar hasn't hinted at it, but yay :)

Spindle wrote: »
    You have got to laugh, there was no live update on the rte website all during the current cold spell. Dublin gets some snow and bamm it has started one. National news service my arse :)

At least we know it snowed in Donneybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Spindle wrote: »

Yeah i mentioned this the other day when i was looking for travel information about travel in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like the showers are going back to their roosting place over Howth!

Northerly tinge back into flow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I have noticed a huge amount of birds in Dublin 2 today flying in large formations etc obviously a sign of what could be inbound.

Very little in the City Centre and I am hoping it stays that way....just until after rush hour and then it can do what it likes!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Hats of to Dublin airport authorities. The snow over the past couple of weeks was pretty intense in the East and South East and was on the ground for nearly two weeks. My brother who works in DHL at Dublin airport thought the authorities did a great job. In Paris, today there are over 20, 000 people stranded and the snow is not heavy - a few centimetres. My sister in law lives there and said it is a joke. Once there is a centimetre or more of snow in Paris the place closes down. At least Gatwick got a big fall like us over the two week period and is coping well although London got practically nothing during that last cold snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Looks like the showers are going back to their roosting place over Howth!

Northerly tinge back into flow.

I wans't going crazy then. Clouds definitely coming from the NNE/NE here in Dalkey. Looks like the Howth blob might make it here after all. And the shower that follows that might plaster a much larger area.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

LookingFor wrote: »
    REALLY pretty light snow in D15 now. No idea where it's coming from since radar hasn't hinted at it, but yay :)

Which part of D15 are you in? The postcode must cover about 60-70 square kilometres or so :) Starts at Ashtown and extends over 9km to the Meath border, and I think it runs from the north side of the Liffey valley up as far as Tyrellstown or beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Jake1 wrote: »
    ahem,, nowing lightly in my end of Lucan now.

also sun shining.

Great to hear that it's got as far as you Jake1 - must be getting very close to me in Celbridge now as long as it doesn't die out on the way. :)

TskTsk wrote: »
    Which part of D15 are you in? The postcode must cover about 60-70 square kilometres or so :) Starts at Ashtown and extends over 9km to the Meath border, and I think it runs from the north side of the Liffey valley up as far as Tyrellstown or beyond.

Sorry, I'm just south of Blanchardstown village.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

gettin some light falls here now. really hope it comes down this evening. :)

Clondalkin in Dublin

Thunder not too far from here. Probrably near Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Hats of to Dublin airport authorities. The snow over the past couple of weeks was pretty intense in the East and South East and was on the ground for nearly two weeks. My brother who works in DHL at Dublin airport thought the authorities did a great job.

I know someone who works for them ( ;) ) and they invested quite a bit in new machinery this year and it paying dividends. It hasn't been closed for more that 2 hours and that was in the middle of the night last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

LookingFor wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm just south of Blanchardstown village.

Ta. You should stick it in your user profile

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement