Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Who's hoping Dublin will look like this ? :D

picture.php?albumid=1482&pictureid=8171

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Nice but of fizz developing out to sea off Dublin. Might hit everything from Dublin CC up to Drogheda, just in time for rush hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Very lightly snowing small flakes in Parkwest, D12.
    Deadly doors. Bring it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Very light snow near Malahide here. Anvils just to my East and North are getting very large. Already heard thunder a few minutes ago. Someone in Dublin or Meath will be getting a pasting soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Blessington lakes look deadly today all white and frozen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Some seriously dark clouds moving in around the Dublin 10/12 area, look full of snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Nothing more happening in Ballycoolin. Had a report that Trim is clear too.

Blessington lakes look deadly today all white and frozen.

Get a picture please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

patneve2 wrote: »
    I wans't going crazy then. Clouds definitely coming from the NNE/NE here in Dalkey. Looks like the Howth blob might make it here after all. And the shower that follows that might plaster a much larger area.

The flow in the Irish sea is like an upside down U, the charts actually showed this earlier, the flow goes NE just near the coast but is East in the sea ;)

Some seriously dark clouds moving in around the Dublin 10/12 area, look full of snow!

but will they hit us, that is the question :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

defo gettin over cast. i just want big flake propper snow. finish the cold spell with a bang. we still on for more tomorrow and wed on the east cost?

Clondalkin in Dublin

Light snow Dublin 4

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

defo gettin over cast. i just want big flake propper snow. finish the cold spell with a bang. we still on for more tomorrow and wed on the east cost?

feel the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

arrrrgghhhh whats going on?? some places snow is coming to cork, others are saying nada. make up your mind:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Got a few snaps of Malahide Estuary. Amazing looking, I'll post them up on the Weather Pcitures forum.

I drove a few back roads through Malahide and it was a big mistake. The snow that has fallen is already ice. Lots of cars stuck (school runs!). Be careful out there.

Looking East/North there are some seriously dark clouds out there. Lets hope we get some more snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Light snow returning to Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    arrrrgghhhh whats going on?? some places snow is coming to cork, others are saying nada. make up your mind:mad:

good morning to you too ! :p:pac:

dacogawa wrote: »
    Light snow Dublin 4

Scratch that, proper snow D4

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

jus lookin at rain today , theres a big mass over worcester i england now.. if the winds are easterly will it blow back twards the sea and across to the south east of ireland ?
    surely if the easterlys are blowin snow into dublin , that mass would also blow in an easterly direction..??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Light snow here. But much heavier stuff approaching. Another couple of cm's in the Malahide area soon I think. Also Portmarnock and maybe Swords.

• Advertisement

Dark clouds hanging over Ballycoolin now. Great, just in time for going home:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

t|nt|n wrote: »
    good morning to you too ! :p:pac:

good evening. i've been awake since 7 this morning. ahhh the joy of going to get test done in hospital. great fun trying to get down in the snow and ice.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Anyone interested in pics of Malahide Estuary, I've posted a few on the Weather Pictures forum. linky (Sorry if the quality isn't great, it was from my Galaxy S)

Edit: I'll try and get out there again later with the SLR. Take a few better snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

big snow cloud movin in... starting to fall in dalkey. i feel this could be a few inches....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Beginning of what looks to be a heavy shower in Stillorgan....

Love it, the met changes its picture a few hours after the snow has started to fall

nat00_weather.png

Nice build up on the 15:15 radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 OfficeStuff

Bucketing down in Blackrock, Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

geetar wrote: »
    big snow cloud movin in... starting to fall in dalkey. i feel this could be a few inches....:eek:

impressive, i can see it rolling in from the Howth direction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Snow much heavier in Dun Laoghaire now, though flakes not as big as this morning.

• Advertisement

Anyone an update on what Meath is like at the moment?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement