Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yep power back on only went off for about 5 minutes but enough to give me the heebee jeebies (hmm have not used that term in a LONG time!)

Just beginning to snow very lightly here now :)

Thanks Wine Goddess.
    Am in Ballymount, not a smidgen of snow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Lovely, lovely snow falling in Rathfarnham:D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Unbelievable...I have never seen that before...snowing heavily everywhere on the coast in Dublin but not pushing inland at all...yet

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Snow the size of the sun falling here...................ohhh wait it is just the sun setting on the horizon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

holy **** it just hit here BIG STHYLE!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

D12 Crumlin Kimmage - our light snow lasted just 5 minutes:rolleyes: Why are all the birds flying towards the coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭compsys

Still snowing nicely in Blackrock. So exciting! There's been so much snow here all day I just can't believe it hasn't spread further, at least to the CC like as that's right on the coast too. Anyone know what it's like in rathfarnham? Has there been much snow there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Calibos wrote: »
    5277044215_b3cdce4301_z_d.jpg

Class picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Fantastic fall here, i would say 3-4cm so far and still falling.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

To the lads around portmarnock & malahide, thanks for teh great updates. Cannot wait to get out of work now, im like a little kid. have the snow tyres on my car so bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Beautiful photos calibos....i asked on other thread did you get your spikes in shop in Bray??Reckon you did to get up there today.Any photos of clouds heading Greystones way ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Latest update on raintoday looks beefy, come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Unbelievable...I have never seen that before...snowing heavily everywhere on the coast in Dublin but not pushing inland at all...yet

This exactly what happened two weeks ago. The showers are following almost exactly the same trail inland as they were last time along the east coast. Give or take a KM or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Starting here now too, 17 flakes so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Looks like the CC and North City may get it soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Not a sausage here since earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Snowing heavily in Raheny now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Think we might coin a new phrase for certain areas of south Dublin - the 'Portmarnock shadow.' Looks like areas of South Dublin north west of Rathfarnham are going to be in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Not wrote: »
    Think we might coin a new phrase for certain areas of south Dublin - the 'Portmarnock shadow.' Looks like areas of South Dublin north west of Rathfarnham are going to be in it.

Like where?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Heavy snow, big flakes, accumulating fast:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

joe stodge wrote: »
    holy **** it just hit here BIG STHYLE!!!!!

WHERE????

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Absolute blizzard in Portmarnock, Nth Dublin...huge flakes. About 4 or 5 cm now.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

Wow, the sky has just gone really dark here, and it's not just because the sun is setting. Looks like we're in for it soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Dublin Airport now getting what Portmarnock got 5 minutes ago. Can't see out the window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

All hail the portmarnock shadow.
    Not wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

working in the city centre but living around Malahide. From weathercheck and darkman reports, look forward to arriving at a winter wonderland. A couple of weeks ago, the village in malahide looked like an alpine village. Was not expecting this kind of snow today

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Am delighted for all you children out there:D:DActually I really am,nothing worse than not being invited to the party:D:DI hope you all get home safely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Amazing orangey grey cloud holding a big clump of snow by the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

wow it looks so similar to how it all started a couple of weeks ago, REALLY HEAVY IN BALDOYLE NOW:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Lashing down in Leopardstown. Big fluffy flakes now. Visibility has gone down dramatically such is the amount of snow falling - and as I type it... it's stopped. That was one hell of a burst of it though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement